Except that I'm no longer sober, and no longer with Michael.

As we get closer to the hotel Kiana is mostly just talking about the wedding, and I'm so happy for her. I'm trying my best to sound excited, but all I can focus on is how stressed I am.

Pulling up at the hotel I sigh, thinking about having to say goodbye to her.

"I'm gonna miss you. Having you here felt like it did a few years ago." Kiana smiles.

"I know, I'm gonna miss you too. But I'll be back in May for your wedding."

"I'll see you then." She weakly smiles, as I get out of the car.

"Wait! Let me get out, I want a goodbye hug!" Kiana exclaims, quickly getting out of the car.

Although I'm leaving tomorrow afternoon, Kiana has work tonight, and class and work tomorrow so I won't be seeing her. I probably won't be seeing Calum either. I'll only be seeing Luke later, so I can get the divorce papers.

"I'll see you soon!" I laugh as she holds onto me tightly.

"It won't feel long at all. I can't wait."

"The next time I see you I'll be getting married. Oh my god."

I laugh, shaking my head at her, "Kiana, you're going to be late for work. I'll see you in May."

"Okay, okay! I'm going. Bye, Kels!" She exclaims, getting back into her car.

I wave at her, before I make my way up to my room, preparing myself to go see Luke.

-

"Hey." Luke weakly smiles, answering the door moments after I knocked.

"Hi." I mumble, staying put in my spot.

"You can come in." He lightly chuckles, waiting for me to enter is apartment.

I hesitate, before deciding to walk in. Luke closes the door behind me, and I follow him into the living room.

"Your place is really nice." I tell him, looking around the apartment.

"Thanks. I mean, I had a lot of help making it look nice, but thanks." He chuckles, looking at me as I cautiously take a seat on his couch.

Luke picks up the large envelope the papers are in off of the coffee table, handing them to me.

"Oh, thanks." I mumble, taking the envelope from him.

"I'm sorry I put you through this. I love you, I should've done what would make you happy. I realize that now. I really am sorry. I really do hope we can start over one day, because as I said a million times, I still love you. I know you're leaving tomorrow morning, but I was hoping maybe you wouldn't completely go missing on me for another three years."

I nod, trying to decide what to say, "I think... I think, uh, yeah. Maybe we can actually talk to each other. But that doesn't mean anything, Luke. Okay? I want you to take off your ring and sit your family down and tell them what you did. Tell them we're divorced. I swear if you don't I'll never speak to you again."

"I will, Kels, I'll do anything." He tells me, moving closer to me and already pulling his wedding ring off.

"I think it's time we got rid of these." I tell him, taking my ring off as well, "I need you to get rid of this for me."

"I can't get rid of it. I'll use this when I propose to you in a couple years."

"Luke, stop-"

"I mean, I can do so much better than this now, but it'd be cute, no?" He continues, smirking at me.

I shake my head at him, trying to hold back a smile. I can't help it.

"I'll definitely have to get you a better ring."

"Okay, enough. We haven't even got divorced yet and you're already planning our next wedding. God, that sounds insane."

"We could just... not get divorced?"

I sigh, "No, Luke. I need this. We need this."

"Okay. I get it. I know. I'm sorry. I just- I really do love you. But, it's okay."

"I should probably get going. Thanks for finally doing this." I tell him, holding up the envelope as I stand.

"Yeah. Of course." He nods, following me as I walk towards the door.

"So, I guess I'll talk to you soon... I guess." I mumble, making him quietly laugh.

He nods, "I'm glad we can start over. Maybe I'll see you soon?"

"Maybe just stick to texting for now. Maybe even calls."

Luke gives me a small smile, "I'm so grateful. Thank you for giving me another chance. I don't deserve it."

"You don't. But I can't keep lying to myself. I'll be miserable. So just, don't fuck up this time. We're just friends. I don't know how you'd fuck that up."

"I won't. I got this."

"Well, if you keep acting like we aren't divorced you're gonna fuck it up."

"Kels, I got this."

"Okay. I gotta go. We're starting over once I leave. Okay? Great. I'm going." I tell him, opening the door.

"Okay. See you, Kels."

"Bye, Luke." I weekly smile, finally leaving his apartment.

The door closes behind me, and I sigh as I stand outside, looking down at the papers in my hand.

It's over. It's finally over.

_______________________

oof. I'm trying my best to keep updating but this broken laptop and full-time job really out here bein a BITCH.