twenty-three

Packing up my bag in my last class I have on Thursdays, the nerves finally set in. I'm leaving for Seattle in a couple hours.

Once I'm finally home, I'm pretty much having a panic attack, and head right to Ashton's room.

He looks up, startled by his door being flung open. The second he sees the state I'm in, he just holds his arms out, signalling for me to go see him.

"I'm a little- uh, worried." I tell him, trying to catch my breath.

"I get it. You're okay. You have Kiana and Calum, they're there for you." He replies, holding my hands.

"I know. I just- it's nerve-wracking to go back."

"Kels, I told you I could come with you. Michael even offered. If you need somebody-"

"I have to do this on my own." I interrupt, beginning to calm down.

He nods, "I really am proud. We all are. It'll be okay, don't worry."

"I should probably go make sure I have everything." I mumble, standing up from his bed.

"Okay, I'm gonna join." He says, following me to my room.

"You know, I'm really fucking nervous, but I'm so excited for Kiana. I'm so excited." I say as I pull out my suitcase.

"I'm glad you're excited too, at least." Ashton smiles, sitting on my bed as I begin to shuffle through my things I've packed.

Silence surrounds us as I pack a few last things I need. There wasn't much, some last makeup and clothes.

"When are you seeing Kiana?" Ashton asks.

"She's actually picking me up from the airport. She's precious."

"That's nice of her."

"Yeah. She's so great." I smile, zipping my suitcase shut.

"Is Kyle still driving you to the airport?"

I shake my head, "I told him not to. I can take an Uber or whatever. I'm not gonna make him go through that."

"Oh, okay."

"I should probably get going soon." I tell him.

He nods, "Yeah. I'm just a phone call away."

Putting my suitcase down, I smile, "I know. Thank you."

-

Once I'm off the plane, got my bags, and ready to go, I'm off to find Kiana. She texted me that she was here.

Finally, I spot her, and she wasn't alone. Harrison and Calum were on either side of her, all of them smiling at waving.

I let out a quiet squeal as I drop my bags and pull Kiana into a hug the second I'm in front of her.

"I'm so happy you could come!" Kiana giggles, the two of us pulling apart from our hug.

"I'm so happy to be here." I tell her, though I'm on the brink of having a panic attack.

I was okay though. I had the three of them with me. I'm normally okay, for the most part, with them.

"You two didn't have to come along. I feel bad enough that Kiana was coming." I say, quickly hugging both Harrison and Calum.

"We wanted to see you." Calum says, pulling me into another side hug.

"Well I'm happy to see you all."

"We figured we could stop and grab some takeout or something? We could go to Harrison's place and just hang for a bit?" Kiana suggests, the four of us making our way out of the airport.