seventy-six

"Hey, Cal." I smile, before laughing at him half hanging off the couch, very clearly hungover.

He just groans, and covers his eyes the second Luke turns the light on.

"You have fun last night?" Luke asks, walking over to Calum.

"Yeah, we had a good time." Calum groans, sitting up, "I saw Kyle and some of his friends, we went out to a different club and went a little wild."

I chuckle, getting up to grab pills for Calum, since I know he needs it. Heading to the kitchen, I grab him a glass of water as well.

"Here, Calum." I quietly laugh, handing him his painkillers and water.

"You're an angel, Kelsey, thank you." Calum replies, struggling to get the words out.

"Are you drunk still?" Luke asks.

"So you two fucked, huh?" Calum slurs, seemly still drunk, not needing to answer Luke's question.

"Dude!" Luke yells, leaning over and smacking him.

Calum shrugs, closing his eyes as he tries to lay back down, "I know you did, your rules ended."

"How about we get you to your room, okay?" Luke laughs, trying to help Calum get up.

"No, I would like to stay here and hang with you guys." Calum mutters, staying put on the couch.

I laugh, sitting on the chair by the couch, "We were just going to watch a tv show."

"So? I want to see you guys. Luke is always working when he's not with you."

I sigh, actually feeling bad that I'm taking Luke away from Calum. I know it's not just my fault, it's Luke too, but it's still unfortunate. I want Luke and Calum to still have their time together. As well as my roommates, I haven't been with them as much.

"Cal, when you sober up, we'll go out with the guys, okay?" Luke chuckles, looking at Calum curling up on the couch.

He just nods in response, getting ready to fall back asleep.

Luke looks at me, nodding in the direction of his room. He gets up and I follow him, the two of us now in his room.

"I figure we should let him sleep." Luke laughs, walking over to his closet to grab a hoodie.

"Yeah. I'm glad you're going to spend time with him later. I feel kinda bad." I tell him as I climb in his bed.

"Please don't. I should do a better job at balancing things. I thought I hung out with him enough, but obviously not. I guess after work and not doing much isn't really cutting it. Which I get." Luke explains, while putting the sweater on.

I nod, "It'll be nice to hang out with my roommates. I'm gonna text Ashton, I know they're going to do a big dinner tonight."

"Oh, that'll be nice." He smiles, climbing into bed with me.

Once he's comfortable, he holds his arms out so that I can curl up with him. I smile, cuddling into his side.

After a few moments of silence, I speak up, "Do you think we're doing okay? Managing this and our friends?"

Luke sighs, "I don't know. After that I feel like I'm personally not."

"When we were teenagers and first got together, we stopped talking to everybody." I reply.

He runs a hand through my hair, "I know. But we've grown up. You see your roommates a lot. I think it's just that when I know I don't have plans with you, I'll work overtime sometimes. I tend to forget Calum will just be sitting here alone a lot. All of his friends here are still new friends so I know he's not exactly comfortable yet. I should've been more mindful."