Chapter Thirty Three

He kissed me softly, but when he noticed I was kissing back, it became urgent, as if he had been waiting a long time to do this. His hands grasped my hair in a firm grip, pulling me closer and causing my hat to fall off the top of my head and all the way down to the bottom of the Ferris wheel. I had my hands on either side of his face, feeling his strong jaw resting in them when I decided to also grasp his hair. He groaned and so did I. I wanted him closer. I needed him closer.

Our kiss slowed and he pulled away slightly once we were done and he smiled, a genuine smile. "That was-"

"Wow," I sighed blissfully, trying to catch my breath.

He arched an eyebrow and continued to grin. "Wow indeed."

Suddenly, I didn't know what to do. It wasn't like I could walk away, we were on a Ferris wheel and if I were to stay silent, it would make things awkward. Sure, Ariel helped me sort out my feelings for him, but did he have his feelings about me sorted out? Or was the hot and cold act going to continue? What did this mean? I had so many questions over one stupid kiss.

"Earth to Juliet," Tyler waved his hand in front of my face. His green eyes stared at me, concerned. "Are you okay? Did I make you feel uncomfort-"

"Oh no!" I cut him off, waving the thought away. "No, you didn't. I was just thinking about what it all means."

"It means," he began, cupping my cheek gently. "That I like you, Sweetness. I like you a lot."

I fought back a blush but I failed to no avail. "Tyler, I like you too."

Tyler grinned like he won a million dollars. "Then how about you do me the honors of going to the Winter Formal with me?"

"The Winter Formal?" I laughed a little. "Tyler, that's two months away."

He shrugged as he played with a strand of my hair. "Doesn't hurt to establish you're my date a little early, does it?"

I smiled like an idiot, my grin wide. "I suppose not. I'd love to go with you, Tyler."

Tyler grinned again and kissed me on the forehead. "Thank you, Sweetness."

After the Ferris wheel ride, everyone met up at a restaurant near the hotel. It was a small retro looking diner with metallic table and counter tops and big blue booths and stools. Stella, Ryan, and Kimberly seat across from Colson, Seth, Tyler, and I as we waited for our orders. To make things easy, we all order burgers and fries, but because there was so many of us, it was taking a while.

"So, I heard Tyler convinced you to go on the Ferris wheel," Kimberly mused, taking a sip of her cherry soda. "How'd that go?"

As she asked the question, I was taking a sip of my soda and I choked. "It uh-" I coughed trying to catch my breath. "It went go-" I continued to cough on my drink and Kimberly shot me a confused look.

Tyler chuckled at me being so awfully awkward and threw an arm around my shoulders. "It was pretty successful, if I say so myself."

Kimberly's eyes widened with curiosity but she said no more on the topic, instead Seth leaned over and said, "Kim, did you tell J about our plan?"

"Oh, yeah," she nodded her head quickly and leaned forward, gesturing for me to do the same. "Seth and I would like to have the room to ourselves, so is it okay if you bunk with Tyler?"

"That is more than okay," Tyler answered with a mischievous smirk.

I looked to my left to see that he leaned in too, in efforts to hear what Kimberly wanted to ask me. I rolled my eyes and smacked his arm. "That was directed to me, not you, Casanova."

He leaned back with his arms held up in a surrender and winked.

I turned back to Kimberly and sighed. "Yeah, that's fine."

"Thanks so much, J," my friend grinned.

I smiled in response but in my head I was freaking out. Tyler and I just had our first kiss and even though it wasn't currently awkward, it could get awkward if we were going to spend the night together.

Thankfully, the food came and I could stop worrying for a few moments and enjoy the taste of this delicious dinner. Although, it was kind of hard when Tyler finished his plate and moved on to mine, taking my fries and dipping them in my ketchup.

When he reached for a fry I was going for, I flicked him on the nose. "Stop taking my food you gremlin."

"You know you love me," Tyler plopped the fry he was reaching for in his mouth, swallowed and then kissed me on the temple. He pulled back with a mischievous smile but stopped when the whole table went completely silent. Everyone looked at us with their mouths dropped to the floor. "What are you all staring at?"

"Y-You and-d J-" Stella began, pointing between the two of us.

Meanwhile Colson was shaking his head, seemingly annoyed. "Well, there goes my shot with her."

Ryan let out a chuckle and wrapped his arm around Stella, pulling her close but giving Colson a pointed look. "Dude, you never had a shot with her."

Everyone laughed, aside from Colson, and Kimberly winked at me. "Lucky you and him get to share a room tonight, am I right?"

I rolled my eyes and ended up blushing like an idiot.

Tyler leaned in and I felt his hot breath on my neck as he whispered in my ear. "If you blush anymore, you'll start to be as red as the ketchup bottle, Sweetness."

"Oh, shush," I smacked him playfully on the chest.

He stared at me intently and licked his plump lips. "Why don't you make me?"

I arched my brow and smiled at him, challengingly. "You'd like that, wouldn't you?"

Tyler's eyes darkened. "Don't tempt me, Juliet."

Suddenly, Kimberly clapped her hands together, loudly. "Okay, I think we should head out, I'm kind of tired and could use a hot shower."

Everyone murmured something in agreement, proceeded to leave the booth, and paid at the counter at the front door. When we got outside, Kimberly pulled me aside, looking incredibly flustered.

"What's wrong, Kim?" I asked, concerned about whatever my friend was clearly worrying about.

Everyone stopped to look at us but she shooed them away in efforts to keep walking back to the hotel. Thankfully, they listened and she eyed me up and down. "So, are you and Tyler gonna, you know, fu-"

I held my hand up and shook my head vigorously. "Christ, Kim, no, we aren't. We literally had our first kiss an hour ago. Besides, I want to wait for the right guy and the right moment if I were to sleep with anyone again."

"That's fair," she nodded her head, still looking concerned. "I'm nervous for tonight."

"Is it your first time?" I questioned, by her demeanor right now, I wouldn't exactly be surprised if it was.

Kim rolled her brown eyes. "No. My first time was with Jonathan Quinn at Bible camp last summer."

"Kimberly!" I gasped and then laughed. "Bible camp?"

My friend started to laugh as she nodded her head but quickly stopped and got back onto the topic at hand. "I'm just nervous because he clearly has more experience than I do, what if he thinks I'm boring or bad?"

I linked my arm through hers and began walking to the hotel. "The key is communication, K. Tell him you're nervous and how you're feeling and what you're comfortable with, I bet you anything he will be compassionate and will listen to what you have to say."

She nodded her head grimly and I could tell she was still worried. So I continued on with my point. "You are the most confident person I know, don't let a boy take that away from you. Like I said, communication is key and don't lose your confidence because you are a queen."

"I am a queen. Got it," Kimberly said with determination. "Communication and confidence. Thanks, J."

I shrugged my shoulders with ease. "What are friends for?"