Chapter Twenty Three

*Hey guys, a little disclaimer, this chapter has some triggering themes involving violence, just a heads up.*

By the time we decided to leave and arrived at the school, the alcohol kicked in and I kept breaking out in giggle fits at the simplest of things. At one point, Colson pointed out my giggles were hilarious and next thing I knew, I was giggling about that too. Tyler found it amusing and he'd break out in fits of laughter too.

Stumbling out of Ryan's van, Tyler caught me and kept me from completely smashing my face in. I wrapped my arm through his muscular ones and I stared at him with a dazed smile. "You're so nice."

Tyler chuckled and began leading me into the school. "Thank you, Sweetness."

I giggled at the nickname and when we reached the gym that was decked out in autumn themed decorations, someone from yearbook popped up in front of Tyler and I. "Smile for the yearbook!"

Tyler pulled me close and I gave the camera a big grin. Once the yearbook photographer took the photo, we went onto the dance floor. Stella and Ryan began dancing incredibly close and Seth and Kimberly started doing what I assumed what they thought was dancing. Meanwhile, Tyler placed his hands on my hips, my back against his chest, swaying to the song. For a moment, I couldn't think about anything other than Tyler's hands on me and the Shawn Mendes song blaring over the speakers. It wasn't the night I planned at all, but part of me was thankful things turned out the way they did. I had never seen this side of Tyler and I liked it. Although, I couldn't help but think it was the vodka controlling him.

As I fully leaned into him, I heard him singing along to the song and I arched my head so I could see him singing. When my beliefs were confirmed to be true, I smirked. "Is Mr. Bad Boy singing Shawn Mendes?"

"So what if I am?" He breathed on my neck. His breath was hot and I felt my stomach flutter at the feeling of it against me.

Without thinking, I blurted, "Well, I think that would be very hot if you were."

Tyler twirled me around so I could face him and smirked. "Then I guess I'm hot, Sweetness."

"I guess you are," I hummed, shooting him a mischievous look.

We danced for a long time after that. Not talking, but just enjoying each others company. Whenever a song he knew came on, he'd sing under his breath and each time he did, I wanted nothing more but to pull myself closer to him.

After a while, the room felt like it was spinning. From the dancing or the vodka, I wasn't sure, all I knew was I need a drink of water and some fresh air.

I let go of Tyler to and let him know I needed a moment of air and he nodded, gesturing to the refreshment table, indicating he would grab us some drinks. I smiled at him gratefully and headed out to the courtyard.

It was cold and dark. I was grateful for both because I needed the harshness of the cold to wake me up from my vodka infused drunkenness and I didn't think I could handle it still be light outside. I hated light when I was drunk.

Shivering, I leaned against the chipped brick wall that was beside the courtyard door, hoping Tyler would come out soon.

The door opened a few seconds earlier and I let out a sigh of relief. "Oh, thank God. I'm so thirsty from all that dancing."

"I bet you are," said a voice that didn't belong to Tyler, but Brody. He stepped in front of me with a look of fury. "It's one thing to lead me on for two weeks, but it's another when you bring him to Homecoming."

I let out a laugh, the alcohol giving me the ability to not give a single care about his stupid problems. "I don't think it's leading you on if you only wanted me for one purpose."

He put his arms on either side of my head and glared at me. "I should've known better than to mess with Tyler's little pet."

I tried to duck underneath his arms but he pushed me backwards, causing the back of my head to hit the bricks. I clenched my teeth, trying not to let him know that he had hurt me. "I am not his pet. Now let me go."

"Not a chance, J," he snapped. Instead of keeping me in place by having his arms on either side of my head, his right arm was pushed up against my neck, causing my vision to spot and my breathing to be limits.

I tried pulling his arm off of my neck but it was no use, he was too strong. "Let-" I breathed heavily, trying to catch a breath to finish my sentence. "Me go."

Brody pushed harder on my neck and his other hand drifted towards my thighs. His fingers trailed up them as he whispered, "Blake said you weren't a good time in bed but I think I could get you to scream."

My eyes widened and I began to flail my arms. "No, please, don't."

Brody smirked. "You'll like it, trust me."

Just as he was going to take things a step further, the courtyard door flung open and Tyler immediately pulled Brody off of me. "I WILL FUCKING KILL YOU!"

Once Tyler pulled Brody to the ground, he started throwing punch after punch but I couldn't do anything because I fell to the ground, heaving heavily trying to catch my breath. I felt like I was going to puke or cry or both as I tried to regain a proper breathing pattern.

I don't know how the fight stopped or how Brody got out of the courtyard, nor did I notice until Tyler rushed to me, crouching down as he handed me a bottle of water he must've gotten at the refreshment table. "Shit, Juliet. Are you okay?"

I took a huge sip of water and breathed in and then out. Looking up at the stars and then back at Tyler, I feigned a smile. "I'm fine, thank you for coming when you did."

Tyler's eyes darkened but he nodded. "I swear, I was going to kill him. I told him if ever touched you again I would."

I shook my head with a small smile. "Well, I'm glad you didn't kill him."

"Why the hell would you not want me to kill him after what he was trying to do to you?" He growled, with a look of pure rage.

I put my water bottle on ground and straightened his tie that got out of place during his fight with Brody. "Because," I started with a smile, "What good are you to me if you're in jail?"

Tyler smiled as if he won a million dollars. "Do you want to get out of here?"

I nodded my head vigorously. "As long if it's somewhere that I don't have to wear my bloody heels. My feet are killing me."

Tyler stood up and held out his hand that was both bloody and bruised. "Whatever you want, Sweetness."