Prologue

"Hey Ty, did you hear the latest?" My friend Chad asked, shrugging his shoulder to adjust his bag and moving a blond lock out of his face.

Sticking a cigarette in my mouth as we exited the school building, I hastily lit it. "Whatever it is, I don't give a shit."

"You don't even want to know?" he asked, sounding annoyed at my disinterest about the school's latest gossip.

I shook my head and rolled my eyes. I really couldn't give two shits about what goes on at Sacred Heart Prep, everyone is the same; spoiled, annoying, and vapid. There was a small few at the school that were tolerable, but they were few and far between.

We walked in silence as I continued on with my cig and our way to the parking lot. When we reached my car, I could see that Chad was still annoyed with me. Taking one last drag, I flicked the butt to the ground and sighed. "Alright, what is it?"

His blue eyes brightened and he shot me a toothy grin. "I knew you'd bite."

I rolled my eyes and dug around in my pockets, trying to locate my car keys. Finally, I found them and started twirling them with my index finger. "Just dish it, McDonald."

"She's back," Chad said, rubbing his hands together and bouncing on the balls of his feet.

Stopping abruptly, I snapped my eyes upwards. "What did you just say?"

"Juliet, she's back."