Chapter Fourteen

Both Stella and Kimberly stared at me with their jaws dropped as we sat on the steps in front of the school. I told them about last night, how Seth drove me home, how Colson was a huge flirt, and how Tyler told me to stay away from his friends. Kimberly was the first to speak. "'Stay away from my friends?' What is he, a preschooler?"

I shrugged my shoulders, not knowing what to say. I really didn't understand what Tyler's problem was, all that happened was Seth drove me home and even then, he didn't drop me off right at my house. He was just being nice because he knew Tyler and I lived on the same street. It was common courtesy, that's all it was.

I looked at Stella, who had her pink lips pouting while being in deep thought. She snapped back to reality and looked from Kimberly, to me. "You know, Ryan always had this theory that Tyler secretly liked you and that why he is such a jerk, but honestly, I think Tyler is just being cruel because he can. He's mean to everyone - even the people who are his friends."

"I don't know, all I know is he's being a royal pain," I muttered, resting my chin on my hand that was propped up on my knee.

We sat in silence until we saw Tyler's black SUV pull into the lot. One by one, Seth, Colson, Ryan, and finally Tyler exited the car and made their way towards us, as they were heading for the entrance. Ryan offered a hand out to Stella, who happily accepted it and pulled herself up, giving Ryan a quick peck on the lips before she turned to Kimberly and I and said, "See you guys later, okay?"

We nodded our heads and she disappeared inside with Ryan, meanwhile Colson was giving me a playful wink, causing Tyler to smack him and push him inside. Seth gave me a small smile, but said nothing, presumably because Tyler was glaring at him to get in the school. Kimberly and I exchanged a look that said, really, and Tyler faced me with a hard stare. "Remember what I said."

Kimberly rolled her eyes and I felt myself nod my head, even though I wanted nothing more but to smack him for being so over dramatic. I wanted nothing to do with Tyler or his stupid friends, but they clearly were interested in me - just to piss him off. I shouldn't be the one that gets lectured when Seth is the one who drove me home and Colson is the one who keeps flirting and winking at me. That's their doing, not mine. Working myself up, I decided to say just that. "Well, why don't you tell your friends to stay away from me? Seth was the one who offered me a ride home and Colson's the one who can't keep it in his pants."

Kimberly snorted in amusement and Tyler's face reddened with anger. He stepped towards the door and grasped the handle tightly with white knuckles. "You know what?" He shook his head a few times and clenched his teeth. "Nevermind."

Tyler pulled the door open with more aggression than necessary and Kimberly and I watched him disappear. I looked back out at the lot and saw Ariel making her way to the school. Her eyes landed on me as she walked up the steps, when she walked by, she muttered, "You need to get over it."

"Get over it? Bitch, it hasn't even been a week!" Kimberly argued, throwing her hands up in the air and her many bracelets clanking together as she did so.

Ariel looked between Kimberly and I, then rolled her ever blue eyes. "Whatever."

After school, Kimberly and Stella came over to my place to help me quickly find an outfit for my first day of work, which was proving to be difficult as Crystal didn't tell me there was anything in particular that I had to wear. Sighing, I flopped backwards on my bed. "I probably should have asked what to wear rather than freaking out leaving."

Kimberly snorted. "Well, duh."

I shot her a look that said, not helping, and my friend held her hands up and looked at Stella for advice.

"You were excited, there's nothing wrong with that," Stella chimed in, still ruffling through my closet. She pulled out a black skirt and my long sleeved white button up blouse with a pair of black flats. "You're going to be standing for a while - do not wear heels. I learned that the hard way at my job at Forever 21. Comfort is key."

I nodded my head and grabbed the clothes and quickly got changed in the bathroom adjacent to my room.

When I walked out in my work outfit, Stella gave me a proud smile, as if she's a mother looking at her daughter about to start her first day of work. However, that moment quickly disappeared when she flinched as she remembered something. "Put your hair up, you're going to be working with food!"

I quickly threw my hair in a tight high ponytail and then opened the door of my room and walked into the hallway. "Alright, I should get going, I start soon."

Stella squealed excited and Kimberly laughed at Stella's enthusiasm. We walked out of the house and Stella unlocked her car. "Let's go get em', tiger."