Rule 29: Don't Let Him Trip

"You look absolutely stunning." I spun to see Jen and Lydia staring at me.

"You'll catch flies." I teased, getting an eye-roll out of Jen. I put in my other earring before looking in the mirror. My off the shoulder green gown that I found last week in the town over was a real steal.

"You are literally the definition of hot," Lydia said as she came up behind me in her purple gown. We all grabbed hands as we looked into the mirror. Jen had on a blue gown that matched her eyes.

We all turned at the knock at the door, "The boys are getting impatient." Maddy walked in. She gasped, "You all look so darling."

"Thanks, Mads." We said in unison.

She happily sighed, "Alright princesses let's head downstairs. Casey can I have a word in private?"

"Sure." Jen and Lydia headed out the door and closed it behind them.

"What's up?"

Maddy grabbed my arms, "I wanted to tell you something but I don't want to ruin tonight for you."

"Maddy-"

She shook her head at me and sniffled. "How about tomorrow?"

"First thing?"

"Yeah but please don't worry. I didn't mean to worry you, I just wanted to tell you that we need to talk tomorrow," She put her hand on my cheek and sighed. "You look so beautiful my dear."

"Don't make me cry," I whispered.

"I'm sorry love. I just can't believe how grown up you are."

"I owe it all to you."

Maddy pulled me in for a hug even though she barely reaches my shoulder. "I love you like my own kiddo."

I gulped, fighting the tears that were forming. "I love you like my own mom."

She squeezed tight. "I'm so proud of who you've become."

I laughed before we heard another knock at the door. "Come in," Maddy said letting me go. 

"Did you kidnap my girlfriend?" We turned to see Kyle walk in, in his tux. His tie matched my dress perfectly.

"Oh my god, Casey, you look incredible."

"Yeah, she does." Maddy pulled me in for one more quick hug before she wiped her eyes. "Okay, you two go have fun."

"Thanks, Mads. Love you." She put her hand on her heart as she headed out leaving me alone with my favorite person.

"You look like a goddess."

"You look very sharp yourself." He pulled me into his arms and his lips met mine a minute later.

"Can we just stay here, I don't want wondering eyes on you."

I gave him a look, "I could say the same about you." I grabbed his hand. "Come on lover boy."

A smile appeared on his face as we headed for the stairs.

"Bout time you two made it down here."

"We figured ya'll were having a quickie."

"Never say that again in my house." Tommy looked at him.

Keith's face went white making Tommy laugh.

"I love being so authoritative. Come here kiddo." I walked into my uncle's arms for one of his hugs. Kyle nudged Keith who was still white as a ghost making Derik laugh.

"Thanks, Tommy."

He smiled. "Anything for you kiddo."

Beth and Cam came running in from the kitchen and Beth put her hands on her knees as Cam gave me a cat call.