Rule 14: Don't Tell Him

Kyle was waiting outside his car for me after my ACT exam. I actually got a good amount of sleep and he even set an extra alarm for my benefit. And I always sleep best with him, so I used him as a pillow.

Slept like a baby.

"How'd it go?" He asked, shoving his phone in his pocket.

"Actually pretty good." I admitted.

He held his arms out and I walked into his hug. "I think I might have actually scored better than you this time."

He laughed, "Never gonna happen."

We climbed into the car and he pulled out of the driveway. "I felt pretty confident and there wasn't too many triangle questions. I did it."

"Cross it off your bucket list."

I laughed, "It wasn't on it."

"Okay so here is the plan."

"What plan?"

"Maddy arranged a hair appointment and nails for you."

"Wait, what?"

"I'm not letting my girl go to homecoming looking like her normal self." I felt my heart flutter. I was ready to die after that comment.

"What's wrong with my normal self?" I teased.

"For once, I'm going to make you hotter than you normally are."

"All this flattery isn't going to get you anywhere."

He raised his eyebrows at me. "Okay." I agreed. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to do my own hair and I have to mow still."

"Mow?" I asked. "You're going to be all stinky and smelly."

"I might shower just for you."

"Appreciated." He pulled up to some hair salon a couple minutes later. Maddy got out of the car next to us.

"What?"

"Honey, we're getting pampered." I waved at Kyle who gave me a thumbs up as I was shoved into the salon. I'd get him back for this but I looked down at my feet, they did need a pedicure.

"Let's go have some Maddy and Casey time."

~~~~~~~

"You're hot." I spun to see Beth giving me a cat call. She finished it with a wink.

"Knock it off." I gasped, throwing my hairbrush at her. It was the only thing in my reach.

"She's not wrong." Nicole agreed. Beth had her hand out for a high five and Nicole took it, giggling.

"Dang Casey, you look good." Cam said from the doorway. He had Ethan behind him.

"Thank you guys." I looked at myself in the mirror. I had my nails done, legs waxed, hair down, freckles out loud and proud, and I was actually excited.

"Kyle might drool."

"Bethany!" I looked at my younger sister who only winked.

"Let's go hottie." Cam held his arm out to me. My sister took my other arm and we headed down their grand staircase that I still love to this day.

I can't tell you the last time I had my nails done. Probably last show choir season. Same with my hair.

Maddy was standing at the bottom with her phone in her hand. She had her reading glasses on and she turned to look thanks to the noise of my heels. "Oh my god, Casey, you look precious."