Rule 15: Don't Let Him Listen

"Five, six, seven, eight." 

I followed Kyle's lead as we began to dance to the music. We were in perfect sync. It would be a shame if we weren't since we've been dance partners for four years now.

"And stop." We froze and Kyle gave me a wink, bringing a smile to my face.

"It is almost November and we start competition season in less than two months people." I let my head fall back against Kyle's shoulder. These heels would be my downfall.

"And on that note, we're done for tonight. I'll let you out three minutes early." I looked over at Jen who had her hands on her hips. She shook her head at me.

I gave her one of my signature looks and she nodded before we both met up where our duffles were on the floor. "I'm pretty sure my cavs are dead."

"Sleep is what I need," I admitted.

"Good thing tomorrow is Friday," Kyle commented

Jen and I looked at each other, "Friyay". We said in unison. I gave her a fist bump before I gathered up my stuff. 

"See ya, Jen!"

"By Case, Kyle." She added.

The sweaty boy turned to look at his watch before looking at me. "What?" 

"It's only 9 pm."

I laughed, "Kyle, I'm exhausted."

"Dinner?"

"The usual."

He picked up his bag and mine, "I can carry that, I'm not that weak."

He swung them both on his shoulder and grabbed my hand to get me moving. "I never said you were."

"Ah, being a gentleman, keep this up."

He laughed.

We walked all the way to his car holding hands. I'll admit that I really liked this.

"Try not to fall asleep." He teased as he put his key in the ignition.

I rolled my eyes as I buckled my seatbelt. "No promises."

~~~~~

Kyle and I were laying on my bed Saturday night when my phone rang. I looked down at my phone "Christopher" appeared on my lock screen. I didn't know that I still had his number.

Way to ruin my day. 

"Kyle, it's my step-dad."

"Don't answer it."

I answered the call and hopped off the bed getting a look from Kyle. I don't know if he was madder that I left the cuddling or the fact that I answered my step dad's call. 

"Hello?" I asked.

"Casey." He said promptly. I mentally sighed. 

"What can I do for you, Christopher?"

"I'm  your stepfather, respect me, kid." 

"Whatever, what do you want."

"Where are my kids."

"Why do you think I would tell you?"

"Tell me where my children are and where that worthless piece of shit you call mother is."

"My mother is not worthless." I snapped. "You were the one that walked out when mom miscarried."

His voice picked up aggression, "I'm not going to ask you again, I will go to the police."