Chapter 11- Rejection or Acceptance?

After the last fight, the exams were over. In celebration, you, Alex, Amara, Hitu, and the twins decided to get some ice cream at a nearby cafe. The twins invited themselves through Hitu and she was too nice to tell them to buzz off. Everyone ordered their favorite ice cream and you decided to try something new. Green tea ice cream. When it was served to you, the non-Asians looked at you, waiting to see how it would taste. Under the immense pressure of societal norms, you tentatively rose the icy treat to your mouth and ate it.

"Wow it tastes really good! Like green tea! But cold and in ice cream form!" You exclaimed before eating more of it.

"No shit, Sherlock." The twins muttered, rolling their eyes before simultaneously biting into their own ice cream.

At this, the rest of your odd group of hooligans broke out in immediate protest, "¿¡¿¡¿¡DiD yOU jUst BiTe inTo IcE CreAm?!?!?"

"What kind of freaks of nature are you two?!?!?" You yelped, leaning away from the two who held deadpanned expressions.

"Okay, can I be the first to say it is not natural to bite into an icy dessert? That's against the laws of humanity." Amara stated crossing her arms and looking away from the horrid sight.

"I knew something was fishy about you two!" Hitu exclaimed.

"Or in this case, icy!" Alex agreed, wiggling his eyebrows.

You shoved your hand into his face, pushing him away from Hitu, "That didn't even make sense."

In a couple of seconds, things died back down and a type of anxious atmosphere settled in.

"So, uh, when will we get our letters?" Yang asked.

"By tonight," Amara confirmed.

Another heavy silence.

"So how do you guys think you did?" Hitu asked.

Heavy silence K.O.ed.

"Well we know we did fantastic! In fact why are we even worried? Of course we're going to get in!" The twins babbled on and on as the rest of you either rolled your eyes or face palmed.

It was soon sunset and everyone packed up. Everyone was more the happy to let Alex pay the bill until Hitu broke and suggested we split. You and your broke ass complained a little but it was all well intended (except secretly it wasn't). Before heading out, everyone exchanged phone numbers promising to let the others know when they get their letters. You walked together for a bit before the twins turned to go in another direction. Eventually the twins separated from the group, turning to go in a different direction. Soon Amara and Hitu split off and then Alex did as well. You continued walking on your way towards your Uncle's house, looking up at the stars.

Reaching the house, you heard your Uncle yelling at your annoying cousins from out here, "YOU WEREN'T SUPPOSED TO OPEN THE LETTER YOU DOLTS!"

"(Y/N)'S GOING TO KILL US!!!!" As always, the over-dramatic Ikio screamed in anguish.

You quietly opened the door but forgot that your Uncle still hasn't oiled it, making the hinges scream like a banshee. 

The atmosphere in the room dropped a million degrees as you stared at your family with a eerie smile, "Are you guys talking about me behind my back?"

Your 'macho' cousin Ryan turned white and shoved Ikio, who was cowering behind him, in front like a human shield, "It was his fault."

"Yah! You two agreed to both take responsibility!" Your uncle roared, before feeling your icy gaze on his back.

He turned into a popsicle, anime-style, when your voice bellowed out, "Responsibility for what, my dear Uncle?"

"Y-y-your l-l-le-letter c-came a c-c-couple m-moments ag-ago." They all sheepishly smiled.

Your frosty facade dropped immediately, "WHAT?!?!?!?"

You dove over the two boys and tackled them while searching for your letter from U.A. Finding it, you triumphantly held it up before looking at it shakily.

This was it...the moment you had been waiting for...

And then you shrugged and ripped it open.

A weird compact mirror looking thing fell out and suddenly Present Mic appeared as a hologram. Everyone screamed and jumped back.

"HELLO, HELLO, MY FANTASTIC LISTENERS! I'M HERE TO TELL YOU THAT WITH AN AMAZING GRADE IN ALL THE TESTS, ALONG WITH A PHENOMENAL QUIRK, YOU ARE ONE OF THE LUCKY FEW INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS BEING ACCEPTED IN U.A.!" He beamed at you as your family dog-piled you with happiness brimming form their eyes.

"Ryan, are you crying?" Your uncle said in disbelief.

"No! That dumb ass elbowed me in the face?"

"Sure he did..." You grinned.

"Nope! I actually did! I'm sorry!" Ikio rubbed his cheek against Ryan's.

Present Mic drew your attention back to him by clearing his throat, "WE HOPE TO SEE YOU TOMORROW BRIGHT AND EARLY!!!"

It was clear he was about to sign off, so you quickly stopped him, "Wait! Can you tell me who else got in?"

Present Mic seemed to turn to the camera-man, with a questioning look. After the go-ahead response, he turned back and said, "BUT OF COURSE MY DARLING LISTENER! WITH 1 POINT BEHIND YOU, ALEX RAMIRIX WILL BE WITH YOU IN CLASS 1-A! TYING WITH 30 POINTS BEHIND YOU TWO, AMARA AAYARI and HITU THAPA WILL BE IN CLASS 1-B! THE TWINS YIN AND YANG WONG WILL BE IN CLASS 1-C!"

The list continued onto the other courses but you focused more on what you just heard. This was great! Not only are you in Class 1-A, but you beat Alex too! You were also super happy about Amara and Hitu being in Class 1-B and you figured that means you could all be together again! But you honestly really felt for the twins, not only did their ego and pride finally take a hit, they were also placed in the General Studies class, 1-C. Although you didn't really care for them, you knew how much they wanted to in the heroics department so they must be really disappointed. Oh well.

Karma really is a bitch. You thought.

Finally finishing, Present Mic gave you one last farewell before disappearing. The hologram faded and your family turned to you, asking how you felt about everything.

You gave them a grin before saying, "Honestly, I'm really glad I got in. It would have been kind of embarrassing if I had to go return the school uniform because I didn't get accepted."