Chapter seventeen: Markus is arrested by his best friend.

I knew the moment I woke up it wasn't a dream. I couldn't cry anymore. I wasn't able to emotionally. I heard hush talking in the parlor. Markus's voice and another one that made all of my bones chill.

It was very accented but a sweet tender Italian one. I opened my door slowly afraid to see if Richard was there. I wasn't surprise as I saw him. Markus eyes flashed to me letting Richard know to stop talking because I was awake.

I looked out in pure fear. The silence grew but of course Markus crooked out finally. "Richard this is...as you know...."

"Emily, Emily Bevelton." Richard's soft tender lips said softly as Markus couldn't bear to say the rest.

I backed up almost hiding behind my door. Richard seemed unimpressed and wished I was brave but honestly he damaged me I had a perfect life and he rewind it. Actual Markus did because it was his idea. "I won't hurt you. I know what I have done and I left you but it was for the best." Richard said offering me to join them.

I slowly came to the parlor. Markus looked down as Richard said boldly "She is more beautiful than I remember."

I blushed as my creator said that and Markus seemed to not like that I did that because his tone was harsh. "Yes, yes she is an angel. My angel." His said as if I was his.

Richard shot him a passionate look. I haven't seen anyone do before. It almost wasn't like Richard pity him but he was so sad that he wanted to cry. Markus replied with a nod though as if they were talking and Markus responded yes.

I looked down and Richard said "Do you know what I am and what your task is?" He said almost as if I were his child.

I looked up strongly as I felt like I had permission to. "Yes. You are an original, under cover a great advisor to the Volpric. He chose you to find him an heir. Markus and you since he was a rebel and an original planned to revolt and make peace and let your people no longer hide. You plan me to do the rest, to murder the Volpric or take his place or whatever job he has for me. But my main task is to save your race." I said ranting like Markus.

Richard looked at Markus approving the way he explained things to me. "Yes Emily this is why I am here." He said glancing at my book. He looked at me as if he knew what it was. He snapped his head to Markus "Where did you get this?" He hissed.

"I found it. The Theena gave me it. I have a message I must hide." I said blurting out. I was getting more comfortable.

Richard put his long hands that once grasped me together. I winced as a scene of him wickedly grabbing me by the neck. "I see. When was this?" He said coolly.

"Before the vampires killed her." Markus said sharply. "Emily somehow got in there and I guess...well they met." Markus said knowing what Richard was thinking.

Richard's thick eyebrows furrowed impatiently. "Yes, I can see that. You do understand that is the most wanted book and whoever is hiding it is killed?"

"They won't expect me to have it." I said softly.

"Yes hide it well there is spies there all over the place even Bevelton's or Nexulations there is spies."

I nodded as Richard turned to Markus. They seemed by both of their eyes they were really close. "May I have a word Markus?" Richard said.

Pain seemed to shot in Markus's eyes as he glanced at me which'd seemed to him like the last time he would ever see me. This got me worried. As they left the house. Richard's head though popped in. "We leave in a few minutes pack your things hide the book in your things I will discuss other things later."

No one pov

They walked some distance until they reached the grave yard this was passed Emily's ear shot. If she was trying to eves drop. When they were a group of cloaked men came out of the shadows swiftly waiting for answers.

Richard couldn't bear to see. He turned around as he motioned the guards to arrest Markus. "Life Markus comes and goes have you lived it well as I gave you as much time?" Richard's deep accented voice said to Markus.

Markus turned sadly "I am doing this for my people and for her it is my choice." He said putting a fist to his heart. The chains jingled as he did this.

Richard nodded. His long cape touched the ground as the wind blew snow flaks that were attached to his brown hair. "You my friend have done well. How you taught her was remarkable." He said proudly as if Markus was his little brother.

"I didn't do anything I just lived my life and gave her answers!" Markus blurted out defensively as he was getting an meddle he didn't deserve.

Richard shook his head. A small smile crept on his face. "You saved us from the vampires. Let's go to Paris the last time." Richard said coolly.

Markus's face darkened. "This is this is the path I have chosen you won't be notice they won't suspect anything if you arrest me." The vampires suddenly pulled Markus's chains and they slipped in the shadows.

Richard looked down muttering "he didn't deserve this." He then briskly went to the apartment were Emily was all packed ready to meet destiny.

Emily's pov

I packed my things all I need in a small bag. I waited patiently on the couch. I stared at the piano for one last time. I remembered how Markus would play those nights away saying I was an angel. I replied my theme and his in my head.

My head then snapped to the door. It slowly opened. Richard tall figure appeared. His eyes seemed to be covering some emotion. "Don't ask questions yet. We need to get to the ship before dawn." So I fallowed.

*Sorry it is so short.