Chapter two: The talkative Markus Valora

A/N: Yeah you meet my best and favorite person in this book! Ahhh Markus Valora he will warm your heart if you let him. 

        My body felt stiff. I felt cold and in terrible very horrible pain. Actually, I felt still full as if I ate something. But my thirst grew more. I opened my eyes slowly.

            My vision was still very blurry. I couldn’t see anything really. All I really knew is, I was in a small shed in a bed of straw. I came into conclusion, that it must have been the strange man last night that saved me. He brought me here, in the middle of the woods. If my heart could race it would. ‘Was he saving me?’ I thought hopefully but something told that was the last thing he would do for me.

            I heard a door open and slammed. It was the man that saved, I guessed. When he saw I was awake he ran to me. “God bless me you made it so far!” He cupped my cheeks that moment as if I was or we were close friends. I squinted to see his face but I had no luck.

            “Wo….…are…you?” I could only choke out.

            He seemed quite happy at that question. His cold hands realized my sagging cheeks. The fat seemed to disappear from them. He then said in a rumble “Well it is a long story. We all seem to forget ourselves which I can explain later.  I’m Markus, Markus Valora.”

            I blinked twice hoping this was a dream. He went on talking to me, as if I were only a small child that needed to learn about how the world works. “Well I know you are confused and such and such but I also know you forgot your name.”

            I started to panic. How did he know?! Something did tell me he gone through this though. His face was getting a little too close to mine and it was starting to bug me.

He was doing this slowly seeing when my patience would wear off.  I can tell you it wears off, very, very fast. I gave him a stern look. I hated this because I was the one who couldn’t tell him to shut up and let me die. Actually I was alone with him.

            He rose smirking as if he only knew what I was thinking. “Well then you’re quite rude. Ruder than me. Well I know you’re scared but you don’t need to be rude about it!” How he said this, it seemed to be he was testing me.

            I scrunched up my face in pride. I wasn’t a rude person what was he talking about? We stared at each other directly in the eyes. He seemed to be thinking very hard. He made his first genuine smile that night. “I know what I will call you! I can just see that personality in your eyes! Emily! I can’t give you a last name because I have absolutely no clue what blood line you are!”

            I stared at him startled. What was he talking about? I then grabbed my stomach. I immediately yelped in pain as I started to squeeze it. He slapped my hands away and said “No! You don’t want a sensitive stomach do you?! Look, your liver is increasing you will be able to be around more toxic things now. Even though you won’t be able to breathe it in but if you drink something, of course.”

            When he said that, I seemed to be able to scream. My lungs?! What’s going on exactly! “Lungs?! What-d-d-d-o you mean?” I said in fear. I held my chest and got quickly depressed. He looked at my hands which held my chest. There was a glint of interest in his eyes but with all respects he turned around his temptations. He said gravely facing the wall “My dear, you are no longer a young women. To your looks you maybe flattering but you are really a monster. A vampire.”

            It took some time for me to catch all of my breath before I could talk. “I don’t understand! This is outrageous! You can’t make believe it or not!” I said in a pouty tone.  I gripped the straw as the pain wave passed again.