Chapter seven: Werewolves

A/N: This is another part of Markus life he is full of lies and sercets. Wants you think you know him in this story....you don't.....no you don't....you hate him but love him. (Okay the next chapter by accident I gave you the same chapter so just go one lol.)

       “Werewolves?!” I protested as he literary jumped off the horse. I jumped off as well. Markus looked at the horse and slapped its butt to run. The horse did, it galloped off not hesitating a second. Markus ignored me and my question which was already answered. By the the snarls and growls

                I heard it a little louder, snapping of twigs. My heart raced. Markus barked out into the darkness of the dark “We are here in peace! We are on this road heading to Windstone!”

                I heard low rumbles of throats as Markus said this. I looked around and squinted into the thicker part of the woods. I saw wolves. Not any kind but wolves, giant wolves the gods of wolves. I backed up startled. There yellow eyes and there razor sharp teeth shined in the darkness. Their fur coats as camouflage thick and fluffy they were.

                I stepped back. Markus heard my stepping and gave me a warning glance. I trembled as I heard a rough voice say “Who’s the dead female?”  It was the biggest wolf. All black as was the night. His fur shook as he stepped out of the shadows. His tail was high in the air showing he-was alpha of this domain.

                I looked down submissively when his eyes flew to mine. “She’s smart to, not to stared an alpha in the eyes.” He then barked clearly “What’s your name child, speak quickly.”

                I said shakily “Emily sir, It’s Emily.”

                The alpha’s head tilted as he heard the nervousness in my voice. “I’m not going to hurt you. You are very young for a vampire. Born a couple days ago. Well I knew your real master. Good friend with him actually.”

                I looked up eager for answers. He chuckled “Well, like he told you, he will return.” He then gave Markus a look as if they had a conversation earlier about me.

                “Why-why did he leave me like an orphan?” I said trembling of the power of this beast.

                The werewolves’ tail flicked back in forth in the air as if he was thinking. He said after a long silence “He was telling me of you. He didn’t say much but left you in a hands of a rebel. Of course he was on the chase of this rebel till he met you or should I say saw. Well, he offered rebel death or freedom to protect his youngling so he may keep working on getting all the originals. Then when finished with slaying them he would find you and bring you to Volpric so you maybe registered.” The alpha stopped abruptly looking at Markus. They exchanged looks, making sure that I wouldn’t know how it would end as if they both were hiding the real truth.

                I looked at Markus angrily. “You lying son of-“

                “Darling, I can explain.” He said harshly.

                “Don’t you darling me! I hate you! I hate you! You knew you pretended not to!” I said as I rose my hand to strike him.

                The werewolf grunted “Well she has werewolf sprite and pride no wonder. Well see you later I got villages to destroy. I am surprise Markus hasn’t killed you....yet.” The werewolf then with lighting speed ran back in the thicker trees.

                I slapped Markus. I slapped him again after the werewolves dissapeared. Because the first time wasn’t enough. Tears of anger swelled up. Markus looked at the sky it was becoming lighter. “Were not going to make it!” He said frustrated.