Chapter twelve: Markus's second to last confession.

A/N: Oh if you knew what happens in this chapter! Well enjoy! Tell me if you have questions.

After several weeks of quietness and only feeding on hospital people and blood banks soon everything went back to normal. Christmas was around the corner and everyone was celebrating. Parties and parades.

                I came out one night to the “my theme playing.” I said quite annoyed “Why do you play that song whenever I’m around?” 

                Markus shrugged and said “Oh I don’t know.”

                “Do you know Christmas songs?”

                “I don’t know any.”

                “Me either.” I said simply.

                When he finished the song he said gummily “We have to go to a Christmas party tonight.”

                I looked at him, startled and said “Why didn’t you tell me before? Why do you make everything a surprise?”

                “Because I don’t want to go but we have to look “Normal.”” He said putting his head on the keys, groaning.

                I smiled and sat next to him. I teased and said “You just don’t like giving me affection. We have to look normal so humans give affection. You don’t like it.”

                “It’s not that I-“

                “It scares me.” I blurted out.

                He lifted his head and said in complete terror “WHAT?!”

                I got up and said quickly “Take it as a compliment! It seems so real. Your charms even work on me sometimes.”

                His eyebrows knitted. “You have feelings for me?” He said flattered.

                I didn’t respond. I didn’t know how. I really didn’t know him but I did but I didn’t it was too confusing. I don’t even now his favorite color! I just walked briskly to my room, shutting it on his face.

                I threw dresses around the room until I found one close enough to Christmas. It was green with black lace going up it. It was tight but not too tight. It was what Markus says A flattering tight.”

                I swung the door open, not surprise he was still there. I turned around and he started to lace it. “You’re getting good.” I said softly so he could barely catch the words.

                “You are changing the subject. You were going to tell me a month ago but I let you off the hook. This time no, you must tell me.” He said strictly as if he was a house keeper.

                “Markus….I just don’t know.” I said trying to keep cool.

                Markus looked away trying to keep his temper. “Okay, I understand.” He seemed to be a bit disappointed and stormed to his room to change.

                “Markus!” I said apologetically he didn’t reply. ‘What did I do?! Why does he care? He doesn’t want to go down a romantic road!’

                I sighed going back to my room. I waited sadly trying to figure out my feelings. ‘I don’t know him.’ ‘You do you just don’t know it. You don’t know why he really doesn’t want to go to the Christmas party.’ Why did I say that? Was I hiding something from me? What was my body hiding? I didn’t know but I was scared.