"He is not my lover." I snapped.

"And not only does my most successful creation protect the pure one, but it also gives it strength. Power." He grinned.

"Protecting me? From what? Myself?" I asked.

"Yes. And apparently now, from Jade Margaret." Silas spat out her name in disgust.

"Why protect me from myself?"

"There is a little bit of darkness in every human's heart. And that darkness, Jade, has not found its way into your heart... Yet."

"And if that darkness taints my heart then I won't be the pure one." I finished his statement.

"Exactly."

"Good. Then I don't have to deal with you anymore." I grinned.

"No, my dear, you do not understand. Jade Margaret found her way into the locket. And into doing that, she cast out the curse. But the curse found itself back into you, doing as it was created for. Protecting you, your heart, for the most part, from darkening. Like mine." He grinned wickedly.

"And what about my ancestor? What does she have to do with this?"

"She plans to taint your heart with darkness."

"She wouldn't do that." I said.

"You knew her for not even a minute. I knew her for years. And trust me, deary, she is demanding on what she wants, and will do anything to get it, no matter the cost."

"Ah, okay. So she's like you in a way." I smirked. His jaw clenched, his body froze from the pacing, before relaxing.

"She loves Klaus. She hates me. She needed a way to reunite with Klaus. She needed a way to kill me. And so she assumed you would be her best vessel, since you are not only connected to Klaus, but to me. But in order to do all that, she needs to break the purification of your heart, so she can reveal the darkness inside you."

"You speak as if you fear her."

"She was a vicious woman, stubborn and ignorant before she had met me. You see, she fooled me, tricked me into believing she loved me. But her heart was pure, and I couldn't resist her.

Turns out, she only wanted me for my power. She took it, turning herself into a sweet and ambitious woman. A new form. Darkness.

She knew I wouldn't hurt her. She knew I couldn't. So instead, I had the one she loved most kill her.

Klaus." Silas said bitterly.

"You think I'll believe all that?" I asked with skepticism.

"You kind of don't have a choice love." He grinned.

"So you need me to do something."

"Indeed. All I ask of you is one simple thing: remove the locket."

"What makes you think I would do that?" I felt my hand reach for my locket, as if trying to protect it.

"Because she wants Klaus. She will stop at nothing to get to Klaus. And after she's done, after she fully absorbs you, she will kill you." Silas smirked.

"So I suggest, my love, that you put your trust in me. By doing so, you will put the protection of your heart in my hands. The curse, or should I rephrase that as the protection spell, is enough to protect you from other dangers. But against Jade Margaret, I do not know. By now you should realize that everything I have done so far is to protect you."

"I won't do it." I said.

Silas looked taken back. "Oh really."

"Why the hell would I help the monster that killed my fiancé and then kidnapped me? And besides, you're only helping yourself." My voice cracked as the image of Jason and Jade Margaret appeared in my head.