Rhapsody of Reckless Abandon

Start from the beginning

"I'll figure something out."

"Good. Here." Pulling part of the waffle apart, she soaked it in maple syrup and held it up between her fingers with a blue berry and some chocolate chips like a dog treat. "Come oooooon, I know you want sooome."

Izuku complied, taking the waffle between his lips, licking the syrup off her fingers. "I did eat beforehand, just so you know. So you didn't have to do that."

"I know, but come on, can you blame me? Your hair is fluffy as a malamute. And it smells like you." Kyoka ruffled his hair, her fingertips massaging his scalp.

"It's my hair, of course it smells like me."

"Just shut up and take the compliment, okay?"

Once Kyoka had finished eating, she shooed Izuku out of the room so she could stretch, change and take a shower to get ready for classes today, but only after a big thank you kiss on his lips.

As he was bringing the dishes down, his phone started buzzing in his pocket. The screen indicated a name Izuku was waiting to hear back from today.

Mei Hatsume, the pink haired high-functioning inventor and the source of Power Loader's migraine. "Hatsume? Please tell me it's done."

"It is! I was able to fit everything you requested into it as well! There are a couple more kinks that have to be worked out, but it'll be done when I text you or by the end of the day. I admit, I was super surprised that you would come to the design studio for someone else's equipment with so many detailed sketches and applied use of item blueprints in the school archives, but I was soooo happy to hear you wanted to help make a new baby with me!" Izuku could barely comprehend half of what the motor-mouthed girl was saying to him in a rather loud voice that made him pull the device away from his ear. But her chipper voice was a good sign.

"Great. Would you mind if I drop by to test it out?" Izuku asked as he set the phone on speaker and began washing the dishes.

"Of course! No baby of mine is going anywhere without ample testing for field use! And don't forget that you're going to be testing out my other babies for the next week as per your deal!"

"I haven't forgotten." Izuku slightly shuddered at what he was going to be put through, but the fear quickly dissipated when he imagined the look on Kyoka's face once she saw what he had in store for her. Her present, aka phase two. "And the reason I asked you is because....well, I didn't know anyone else in the Support Course other than you, and you're probably the most one-track minded person when it comes to tinkering with gadgets, which is perfect for rush orders. No offense."

"None taken at all! It's nice to see my babies are appreciated. Give me a call if there are any changes that you wanna add last-minute, I'll stuff it in!"

"Thanks. I really appreciate your help. See you after school."

"Alrighty! Byyyeeee!"

Once the dishes were cleaned and back in the cupboard, Izuku sat down on the couch as he flicked through the Netflix shows, and hit play to watch the final episode of Daredevil Season 3. From the comeback of The Devil of Hell's Kitchen, the elaborate plan that Fisk had laid out, backlashes endured by the supporting characters――it was all well written.

While he was watching the episode, his friends slowly began trickling in for breakfast.

"Hey Midoriya," Satou called out as he began preparing to cook, "thanks for the help with the history homework last night. I thought I was gonna be screwed."

"No problem. Thanks for the recipe."

"Deal's a deal, right?"

"Yeah."