Love Fortississimo

"W-w-w-wait. Wait, wait, wait. What?" The lingering confidence from the adrenaline vanished like a lit candle in a storm, turning Izuku's face a violently deep shade of red.

"I said can you-" Jirou stopped herself, realizing what she just inadvertently implied, her face and even her earphone jacks now on par in redness with Izuku.

"I-I-I-I mean, I uh, I certainly don't mind but you know, everyone's still...awake and stuff, but we are a uh, a c-couple...um, only as of thirty or so minutes ago――"

"Wai-no, no! That's not what I.... I would, I definitely wouldn't say no if you....but it's....I mean....It's...I'm not inviting you over for what you think. Not today. It's something different....God, I totally walked into that one....stupid..."

"Oh...oh, okay. Great. Right, of course." They both laughed nervously before letting out a sigh of relief that they quickly got that grave misunderstanding out of the way. Once they collected their clothing, they walked in silence to the elevator holding hands with their fingers intertwined, bashfully avoiding eye contact but sporting euphoric, crazy smirks on their faces.

Making sure nobody was in the hall or close to opening their door to spot them with her Quirk, Jirou slowly lead Izuku to her room, her heart beating against her chest to an almost painful degree, but doing so bringing forth an undeniably sweet joy. Being the only ones in the elevator, she wasted no time in jumping her boyfriend and planting another long, wet kiss on his lips before getting off on the third floor.

Her room décor, as almost everyone in class 1-A had seen, had a rock n' roll theme. The floor was covered with a black and white checker-pattern carpet and the ceiling a red and black checker pattern. The wall on the left was lined with shelves of music ranging from CDs, cassettes and even phonograph records. Posters of her favorite bands were placed here and there, including one that covers the entire wall on the right with only two words written in white on black: DEEP DOPE. All of this was complemented with an assortment of instruments: a synthesizer, a drum set, and three guitars with amps. "S-so....what are we doing here, Ji-Kyoka?"

"First and foremost, sit down."

"Um, alright..." Izuku carefully placed himself on the edge of her bed adorned with red sheets and a blanket made of a towel-like fabric spread on top of it. His eyes wavered to every corner of the room as if he were expecting a trap to spring on him at any moment.

Jirou sat across from him, bass guitar in hand, jaw set and a defiant look in her face. "That song I told you I was working on is done, and I want you to be the first to hear it. It is about you, after all." It was getting late, but she wasn't about to stop. Plugging the guitar into a small amp and bringing the volume down as much as possible, she then plugged her smartphone into it which had the instrumental saved. Hitting play, she began. "Here goes nothing."

Why, oh why do you hide them, why?

Those scars and bruises both new and old

Covering your body, shattering your heart

Some healing, some old, but don't mean they're gone

I can tell, I just know it, they sting and ache all the same

"It's okay," you say

With that smile and that laugh

It's genuine, I know, but with fissures and cracks

Chipping here, now there. See, abrasions everywhere

Jagged tears just spread further like a spider web

But you press on and on. "Always forward," you say

I wanna stop the clock that's counting down

Before you tear yourself to rags