Banishing The Blue Devils

The story of someone's life being flip-turned upside down in a single day was something Uraraka had ever experienced through pages of a novel, like Harry Potter or Percy Jackson, but this....this was unbearable. If only this was a fictional story that could be edited, redacted, retconned, or rewritten even. Her thoughts kept bouncing around four things: anger, hurt, heartbreak and remorse.

Anger at Jirou for what she did. Hurt because of it, and because Izuku had accepted it, defended it. Defended her. It broke her heart, seeing the development of her chances with her first crush wither and die before her very eyes. But that didn't excuse lashing out at anyone, much less physically, which is exactly what she had done. Something unbecoming of one aspiring to become a hero, someone who fights for others, when it was also her own fault for not acting on her feelings and just spit out the words declaring her affection for him. And the cycle continued, endlessly, for the past four days now.

Everything seemed so... pointless. She still got assignments done on time, but she didn't bother putting in as much effort as she always did, checking over her work and such.

Uraraka kept telling herself it wasn't his fault. Izuku was free to choose whomever he likes as his girlfriend. But she could never convince herself that she couldn't help feeling betrayed at least a little bit. She was the one that had known him since before day one at UA. She had brought about the Copernican Revolution to the name Deku which had now become his codename that he came up with and presented to the class. She had been an asset in getting to the finals in the Sports Festival, and everything else. Her and no one else.

Smacking her face into the pillow, Uraraka sighed. Who was she kidding? She was sounding like a psychotic egotistical bitch now. Maybe not as psychotic as Toga, but still, it was enough to make her feel disgusted about these thoughts running through her head.

Her lethargic session of self-hate and degradation was interrupted by a knock. Slowly rising, Uraraka dragged her feet as she opened the door to her room to see a familiar froggy face of her friend Asui with a look of concern on her face, one that almost everyone (save Bakugou) sported when they saw her. "Um...hey, Tsu."

"Ribbit. Can I come in? Just for a bit?"

"I'm....really not in the mood for talking..."

"You don't need to talk if you don't want to. I actually just want you to listen for the most part, actually. Five minutes. And I'll leave you alone." With a small nod, Uraraka acquiesced, opening the door wider and sidestepping so Asui could enter. They sat across from each other with the small wooden table in between.

"Like the most of the people in our class, I know about your crush on Midoriya. And from the looks of it, you're not taking it well with him being with Jirou. But let me tell you something. You're not the only one that's heartbroken."

"Say what?"

"It's far, far slighter and infinitely mild in my case, so I already got over it no problem, but....I previously did have a crush on Midoriya."

"Wha....wait....you did? Really? You?"

"Mmhmm. I'm a girl just as much as you are, Ochako. But I get it, who would've thought, right? Back at USJ when he, Mineta and I were flung into the shipwreck zone, he was the one that came up with a plan to not only escape but apprehend the villains in one fell swoop. Broke two fingers for his trouble. Then he tried to intercept Shigaraki when his hand was barely half an inch away from my face. Midoriya may not have saved the day like All Might, but he did save me. I think that was when I thought: 'I actually might like this guy.' "

"Why didn't you say anything to him?"

"I just....didn't have the time." Asui shrugged. "I have schoolwork, school events, and back home I have to take care of my brother and sister when my parents aren't there. And I was pretty confident that I won't be able to juggle a romantic relationship in that mix. Way too taxing. Besides, I had time to think after that. If I liked him, romantically, then why? And I was able to come up with some pretty specific reasons."