Rhapsody of Reckless Abandon

"Morning Kyoka," Izuku uttered in a sing-songy voice as he tapped the door with a tray in hand. It was around the time they had both gotten used to waking up both with and without the sexual escapades.

After several inaudible grumbles muffled by the door, the door latch came undone and swung open as a half-asleep Kyoka with messy hair rubbed her eyes yawning. "Hey, Izuku.....this better be important if you're waking me up right now...."

She was wearing one of Izuku's hoodies which hung around a third of the way down her thighs. The fact it was completely zipped up didn't leave much to the imagination in terms of clothing underneath, or its lack thereof.

"It should count as important, I think. We made it past the one month benchmark."

Kyoka turned to the calendar hanging on the wall. "One....oh. Wow. It's been a month now, huh. Feels.....a lot longer. Weird." Then she noticed the smell of heated maple syrup. And waffles. There were three, one stacked on top of the other, garnered with blue berries and chocolate chips. Next to the plate was a mug of coffee and a glass of orange juice. "Is...that for me?"

"No. I came to eat in front of you to get a rise out of you, of course it's for you. I was thinking today should be kind of a cheat day, so....."

"You made waffles." Well, the morning was already off to a winning start with a nigh hyper-competent boyfriend who not only is smart, combat proficient, considerate and can read the social cues of women, but can competently cook as well. "Alright, get in here. And I'm not sharing."

Shaking his head with a chuckle, Izuku stepped inside, he deployed the legs on the tray and motioned his girlfriend to sit on the bed. "What part of 'these are for you' did you not hear?"

"Just checking. Gimme that. Now." Once she curled up under the covers, Izuku placed the tray-table in front of her, gesticulating to tuck in.

Kyoka first took a sip of coffee. A long sigh of relief fell from her lips. It had just the right amount of milk in it but with no sugar, exactly the way she liked it. On the mug were three horizontal lines running across it, each labeled: Shhhhh, Almost, and Now You May Speak from top to bottom. There was no way to not laugh at that.

Izuku just sat on the bed across from her and watched her eat with a happy smile on his face. He was determined to spoil her rotten today, showering her with every indulgence possible when presented the opportunity. This was only phase one.

Pouring a generous amount of maple syrup onto the waffles, she cut a piece off and took a bite. "God, this tastes amazing...." Kyoka groaned through her teeth. Her taste buds were flinging her brain to heaven and back. "Did you....do I taste eggnog in this? Is this eggnog?"

"Yeah."

"Where the hell did you get eggnog!?"

"I made it. With help from Satou, by the way."

"Of course you did....Ooooof course you did." God Almighty, could he raise the bar any higher for boyfriend material? Kyoka honestly wanted to give Izuku an earful about all the things he was doing right too well and showing her up again, but the waffles tasted so amazing she couldn't even be bothered. She would have kissed him, but eating the waffles took higher priority. "Seriously, why must you be so good?"

"I just....look, being a....a late bloomer has done things to me. I just have a...need to be indisputably good at things, you could say it's on a pathological degree. I'm trying my best to put it to good use, which leads to stuff like this."

"Because of those ignorant fucks who aren't even worth mentioning," She growled as she shoved another large piece of a waffle into her mouth. "And Bakugou. That fucking arrogant.....dickless piece of stewage-steeped shit. Izuku, I swear, if you don't punch some of his teeth in at training today, I will on pure principle."