The Suite Of Questions

Yaoyorozu convened four of the five female classmates around her desk after classes to address an issue that has been bothering her today. "Thank you all for coming on such short notice. This'll only take a moment of your time."

"What's the matter, Yaoyorozu? You seem....I don't know, perplexed?"

"I do believe that would be the apt description, Asui. Yes, perplexed." Yaoyorozu scratched her cheek with a finger, as her eyes went to Jirou who was getting ready to leave. "About....Jirou, actually."

"Ribbit. Why's that?"

"To be honest....I'm not entirely sure myself. She just....seems to be smiling more these few days?"

"Isn't that a good thing though?"

"Yes of course, that is a good thing, I'm not saying it isn't. Just.....she seems a little too happy, if that makes any sense. N-not that I am insinuating anything slanderous about a friend, of course. Just...making an observation."

"True, she was grinning hard this morning before class, now that you mention it." Hagakure piped up. "I was still half asleep so I could be wrong, but I think I heard the door open and shut. Maybe she had a good dream and restful night of sleep for a change?"

"Perhaps....."

"Oh yeah, speaking of perplexing, Deku seems a lot more confident these days. I don't hear him stammer or anything that much." Uraraka piped up, spinning a pen between her fingers. "Even when he's talking to girls. Hatsume's regularly unhinged violation of personal space didn't faze him like it usually would. The reaction was...minimal, I guess."

"Again, isn't that a good thing that his social ineptitude is lessening?" Asui asked Uraraka this time.

"No, it's great! It is a good thing, Tsu. I'm not saying it isn't. Not being flustered is....great. Just...I dunno...." Uraraka wasn't sure how to put it in words, but something felt amiss. She just couldn't quite place what that was. Just then, the door to the classroom slid open, and Izuku walked in. Surprised, Ochako squeaked, the pen being spun absentmindedly between her fingers flying through the air.

Izuku caught it clapping his hands together on the way to his desk and handed it back to her. "Sorry about that....d-did I scare you?"

"No, no it's fine...my stupid mistake. Sorry...."

"Accidents happen, don't worry. I just came back to grab something from my desk. See you back in the dorms later." With a casual wave of his hand, Izuku left the classroom, once again leaving only the girls.

"It is different, yeah, but....I think I like the confidence in him. Baby green's finally turning over a new leaf." Ashido commented quietly with a smile.

"Wait, was that supposed to be a pun?" Hagakure asked.

"No....why-oh. No. I have standards, silly girl." She laughed, dismissing the unintentional pun with a wave of her hand. "But Yaomomo, in all seriousness, why is this bothering you so much that you called all of us here to talk about it? Can't you just ask Midoriya or Jirou straight up what's got them so energetic and high-functioning?"

"That wouldn't be very.....polite of me though, would it? She is a valued friend, yours and mine. But I don't see how it is my place to pry into her private affairs. It wouldn't be right. Right? Just like Uraraka pleaded the fifth when she was asked if she had feelings for Midoriya, I don't want to force anything out of her."

"Wha-why are you bringing that up!?" Uraraka shouted, waving her hands in a small panic.

"That may be the case," Tsuyu said with a fingertip on her lip, "but it's just asking politely. If she wants to answer, she will. If she doesn't, then you back away. That's all there is to it. It's better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness, as the saying goes."