Drama Overture In D Major Op.1

The students of class 1-A were gathered in Ground Beta for the no-Quirk combat exercise, all wearing gym clothes instead of their hero costumes. With his usual dead-tired look, he produced an empty cardboard box that had folded pieces of paper in them. "Last time you worked fighting against one opponent both with and without weapons. However, one on one does not necessarily happen in the line of work where fighting dirty is how you win. You will be separated into five groups of four by drawing lots."

The rules were simple. Each group would perform three different sparring sessions: two-on-two, one-on-three, and battle royale. A buzzer would signal the beginning, two minute break between each session, and the end. "Remember what you learned last class, the flexibility and limitations brought on by not using your Quirks. Whatever sparring form you didn't do, you do after the break until you finish all of them. Carry on."

With Aizawa groggily stuffing himself back into the sleeping bag, Iida immediately sprang into action, having everyone line up in twos to draw the lots. Izuku unfolded his lot and saw the letter D written on it. "Uh, who's got D?"

"Every guy in here, dude." Mineta piped up before receiving a swift kick in the backside from Jirou.

"Shut it, Grapist. It's too early for your innuendos. Anyways, we're together." She held up her lot with the letter D written on it and winked. Izuku's eyes darted to the left as he felt a blush creep up as events of late last night before the date change resurfaced.

"Oh, we're with you guys too!" Uraraka and Iida walked towards them, with the former waving her hand and the latter holding his lot out as if it were a police badge. "So, you wanna do two-on-two first?"

"I got no problem with that." Jirou said with a shrug. "Let's show the boys how we do."

"I guess.....you're stuck with me then, Iida."

"Nonsense! It's an honor to have you on my side." While his confidence was much appreciated, Izuku's smile twitched. For obvious reasons, he had serious reservations about hitting women regardless of the reason. But female villains definitely existed――namely a messy-haired, hemophiliac blonde with a psychopathic crush on him――and he had to be ready to body-slam them into the ground when necessary.

"Thanks. Good to know." After shaking his head and slapping himself a couple of times, Izuku focused.

The four of them were ushered to an area separated from the other groups by a drone, and they stopped at what appeared to be a house. Apparently it was meant to look run-down and it was presented as such very convincingly, courtesy of Cementoss' Quirk of cement manipulation. "I guess we start now?" The buzzer gave a deafening blare.

"Yup!" Jirou stepped up with her fists within striking range, lashing out with a well-practiced one-two aimed for Iida's nose and chin. Iida managed to sway back out of reach and lashed out with a longer reaching kick of his own, but Uraraka tackled his pivot leg, her full bodyweight knocking him off balance and the kick whooshing through the air. Before he could be wrestled to the ground, Iida grabbed her by the shoulders and placing his foot in her stomach, tossing her over his head through a door.

"I'll take her, you got this over here?"

"Yeah, just stay out of her grappling reach and power through."

"Noted."

Izuku rolled his shoulders back several times before raising his hands in front of himself at eye level. The least he could do was avoid the face and strike without a closed fist as much as possible.

Bouncing on the balls of her feet, Jirou stepped forward again with jabs which he redirected while returning jabs of his own with the base of his palm but frowned in discomfort a kick landed on his thigh. It definitely caused pain, but not enough to make him stumble. Ducking under a jab-hook combination, Izuku returned fire with shots to the body, but only made contact with her knee that rose up to his face, making him step back.