Pizzicato Kiss

Izuku stared up at the ceiling of his dorm room, his sanctum, his shrine adorned with All Might memorabilia in every nook and cranny. Something was clearly not right. He didn't interact with Jirou at all with no common ground aside from aspiring to become heroes and being in the same class. And yet he was opening up to her about his fears, helping her with combat training.

What the hell was happening to him? Izuku knows himself well, at least he'd like to think as such. This wasn't him. He was the stereotypical, socially awkward kid (although that has improved somewhat since enrolling in UA) and wouldn't talk to just anyone about his problems, particularly ones that are deep-seated in his heart. That is, aside from All Might or his mother Inko, although that's becoming a rare occurrence in and of itself since although rightfully so, she worries too much.

And yet he just....told Jirou. It made him feel better. Regardless of the strain caused by the training, he had fun helping her train. He genuinely had fun. Plus, he slept well with no nightmares afterwards. Getting out of bed to stretch the soreness out of his body, he looked at his phone on the desk, charging. All his classmates' contact information was on there, including Jirou's.

Today was what Izuku considers his rest day, doing stretches and light calisthenics but nothing else except ingest a hefty amount of proteins to repair the damaged muscles. With Jirou, as per her request. Again.

Could it be possible that maybe, just maybe he was developing feelings for her? But Izuku soon shook that utterly ridiculous notion out of his head. Not that she isn't an attractive girl, she is, with a great Quirk and musical talent that would put a smile on anyone's face, who somehow just by being there suppresses his nervousness and stammering considerably.

But this wasn't the time or place for that sort of thing. Anyone in their right mind would think so if they enrolled in UA. Romance and such can happen later. He had priorities and promises to keep which undoubtedly Jirou has a fair share of as well. Changing into some sweatpants and a T-shirt, Izuku went downstairs to grab some breakfast.

Most of his classmates were there already, watching TV, conversing with each other, catching up on assignments or eating. "Hey, Kirishima, you mind passing an apple?"

"No prob, Midoriya. Which one? Wait, lemme guess: green?"

"Yup."

Kirishima tossed a green apple from the communal fruit bowl on the kitchen counter which Izuku caught with his left hand. With some peanut butter and the smoothie he made last night and stashed in the fridge, breakfast was served.

Nobody was asking questions. That was a good sign. With a sigh of relief, he took a swig of the smoothie and chomped down on the apple. Figuring Jirou was still sleeping in, he ate in silence. His phone vibrated in his pocket briefly, signaling a message had been received.

――We still on for recovery methods? It was Jirou.

――We are, unless something came up on your end.

――I doubt anything will on a Sunday, but I'll keep you posted. Are we doing this at the beach again?

――It doesn't have to be. Did you have another place in mind?

――Just asking. Can we do this on the rooftop if possible? I already ate and I'm up here, so let me know whenever you're ready.

――Sure. This can be done literally anywhere. I'll be up in about half an hour.

Finishing up with the apple, he quickly washed the glass he used for the smoothie and put it on the drying rack before hurriedly going towards the elevator.