The Glissando Flow Of Combat

"Hey, Jirou, some of the girls and I are planning a little afternoon movie party tonight. Wanna come with?"

"Ah, I actually have plans. With Midoriya."

The second Ashido had comprehended the words that came out of Jirou's lips, she immediately rushed her with a big crazy smile on her face, "WHAT?! A DATE?! WITH MIDORIYA?! AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?! WHO ASKED WHO OUT?! WHERE'RE YOU GOING AND WHEN!? DETAILS! GIMME! NOW!"

"First off, personal space. Second, yes, with Midoriya. I didn't stutter. And no, it's not a date. He's just giving me a couple pointers on some hand to hand. He's got notes covering all of us, so I figured he was the best person in our class to talk to. It's just a favor being returned, nothing like what you're thinking, so cool your jets, Pinky. It's only logical thinking." She gave a reassuring wink to Uraraka that nothing was going on between the ultimate All Might fanboy and her, to which the brunette responded by whipping her head in the other direction as she began blushing through her hands.

"Lemme know later how it goes, 'kay?! Remember, I want details! ALL OF IT!"

"IT'S NOT A DATE, DAMMIT!"

Training Room Theta was just a large, padded room with a high ceiling. There were over fifty white rings with a ten meter radius printed on the ground in five meter increments. The edges of the room were lined with an assortment of punching bags, speed bags, pull-up bars, kettle bells, disk weights, striking posts and mock weapons of various shapes and sizes. Opening the door, she saw Izuku in gym shorts and a T-shirt already getting some work done via shadow boxing.

His movements were so smooth which she never noticed last night. The transition from one attack to the next to a dodge, a sweep kick, a roll just.....glided together so naturally like a stream of water. It was sharp and graceful, almost like he was dancing. She whistled to get his attention.

"Oh, hey. You made it."

"Course I made it, no point in you being here if I didn't show up. So, how're we doing this?"

"Well...let's uh....let's work up a sweat first."

"Alrighty then. What're we doing?" Izuku simply handed a piece of paper with a list of calisthenics complete with repetitions and sets to her.

"Um.....you're kidding, right?" Jirou looked at Izuku with a hopeful eye, the corner of her mouth twitching with dread.

"I suck at lying, remember?"

It took no longer than twenty minutes out of the forty minute warmup Izuku put her through before she was on the floor, red in the face and gasping for air. "Oh....fucking hell...."

"Crap....you uh, you okay, Jirou?"

"Midoriya....I fucking hate you right now."

"What?! Why?! You wanted my help!"

"Yeah, yeah, I know. I'm just spiting you, sue me. Now help me up." She held out her hand for Izuku to take. Very slowly and carefully, Izuku reached out with both hands and gently pulled Jirou to her feet. Her fingers were long and slender, nails well-kept which complemented her pale skin. He immediately released her hand from his grip once she was upright and on her feet.

"Okay....okay, um, uh...now, we...we, uh....we'll go to the bags. Yeah. Bags....Punching bags...." Jirou followed Izuku as he took hurried steps scratching his head "Show me your best stance you would take if you were in a fist fight."

Following his words, Jirou turned her body to the right, drew her chin in and brought her fists up at eye level, her right fist covering the temple and everything below while her left hovered the width of two fists away. It was the best she could replicate from a boxing video on Youtube. She began hopping on the balls of her feet.