Drama Concerto In D Major no.3

Classes had just ended, and as promised, Izuku was going to Training Room Theta with Uraraka, along with some company. "Are you sure you want to do this today? I mean, I said I can wait and you can take all the time you need."

"I appreciate the sentiment, but this isn't something I can weasel out of. The more I wait, the worse the backlash is going to be and the rift between us and Uraraka will get bigger to the point where it's irreparable. It's not right or fair. To you or her. You guys have known each other since before life at UA began, and I don't wanna screw that up, for any reason. So if she does something, just....let it happen."

"Okay." Izuku gave her light tap and squeeze on the shoulder but said nothing more. Questioning her resolve any further would only be an insult. "I don't know what to expect but I will step in if I have to though, just so you know."

"Thanks. I'll be there in like....fifteen minutes to half an hour." With Izuku, Yaoyorozu, Tokoyami and Todoroki left the classroom.

Jirou on the other hand felt even more nervous than when she had to first perform at the Culture Festival. Pulling her phone out, she dialed her mother for comfort as well as one last booster for morale. "Hey mom."

"Hi, Kyo." She could just see her mother sporting a knowing smile about what she was calling for. "So? What's the latest scoop on....your crush? Or potential significant other-to-be?"

"He's....not a crush. Not anymore." Jirou mumbled. "I'm....we're um, together now. Officially."

"He asked you to marry him? Already?"

"Wha-NO! Dammit mom! No, not like that! Not that kind of officially! We're high school freshmen, for crying out loud!"

"Oh, I know. Let a mother have her fun teasing her only child. But honey that's wonderful news! Congratulations!"

"Thanks. But it's not all peaches and cream though....In the heat of excitement, I....kinda forgot to tell you that there's someone else in class that has a crush on him and I....I didn't....inform her of my intentions....."

Mika sucked in a sharp breath as she winced. "Ooooh....that's.....goodness. That's not good. And how long has it been since you two have gotten together?"

"Today makes day four."

"That's not that bad. From my experience, it gets worse once you get past the one week benchmark. For you. So, are you going to tell this girl that's crushing on your boyfriend about this?"

"Yeah, today. With help from a few other people that know about us and are keeping quiet."

"Is that what the apple pie you asked for was?"

"Compensation for their time, yeah. Sooner the better. I like to be a woman of my word. But aside from being honest, how am I going to do this? What can I possibly say?"

"Kyoka, it's your boyfriend and your friend. I can't exactly give you a script for this situation. Just....make sure when you open your mouth, use your brain and your heart. And, well, if it doesn't go as well as planned, try not to dwell on it too much."

"What?!" Jirou stared at her phone in utter confusion. Not dwell on the fact that she stole a friend's crush behind her back? "I....I don't follow."

"Look. Your friend, this girl....has had a crush on your boyfriend for how long now? Weeks? Months?"

"Couple months and change, yeah."

"And yet she did nothing to act on it. They're in the same school, same class, undoubtedly with plenty of opportunities. But she did nothing. You did."