Makeover Medley

Weekend. The much awaited weekend was finally here. It was 11:00 a.m. at the Kiyashi Ward shopping mall Wookiees, and Izuku was ready. He had asked Jirou to come wearing....plain clothes. He was aware that plain left too much room for subjective interpretation, but there wasn't much that he could add in terms of specificity aside from telling her to use bland colors and coordinate them in a non-flashy way. Even over text messages, he could tell that she wasn't too keen on that, but was nonetheless excited for the first date in her life.

Taking long, deep breaths like he were doing a yoga exercise, he checked his phone for what was probably the twentieth time in the last three minutes. A slight tap on the shoulder made him flinch before turning around. There she was, in plain clothes, just as he'd hoped, which consisted of a white loose-fitting wide neck long sleeve with a big purple heart, blue jeans and boots. The neck area was so wide in fact, that it bared her right shoulder and a black strap. "Is this plain enough for you?"

"Um.....Y-yes." Izuku punched himself mentally as he stuttered a little. He should be over this by now. But he had to sigh in awe at his girlfriend. No amount of plainness of mere clothes could ever put any sort of damper on her beauty. Now it is known.

"So, what exactly are we doing here?"

"I was thinking we could give each other a makeover."

".....Run that by me again?" Jirou said as she tilted her head to one side and began lightly smacking her ear with the heel of her palm like her hearing disappeared when Izuku opened his mouth.

"I was thinking of giving each other a makeover. We go to some stores, pick clothes for each other and we buy whichever outfit the person doing the picking liked the most. But just one. Which is why I asked you to come in plain clothes."

"You want me...to pick clothes. For you? Anything I want?"

"Within the bounds of good taste, obviously. As long as you don't try to make me wear a dress, a Pikachu onesy or anything ridiculous like that, yes, anything." There were some boundaries that he was not willing to cross, and he needed to make that clear.

"And you want to do that for me....?" Her perplexed look turned into a smile that would rival the Grinch in terms of how diabolical it looked. "Oh. You. Are. On. I am going to have a field day with you, nerd boy. You won't even recognize yourself when I'm through dressing you up. But you better make me look good."

Izuku folded his arms across his chest, cocking an eyebrow. "Kyoka Jirou, are you issuing a challenge?"

"Hell yes. Who's starting?"

"Lady's choice."

"Worst time to be a gentleman in my opinion, but your funeral. Let's go." Taking Izuku's hand, Jirou navigated through the crowd of people with him in tow. With the maps placed all over the district as a guide, they eventually found themselves at a cosmopolitan ethnic clothing store. The letters on the sign had a strange geometrical twist in its design, but was still legible and spelled Dora Milaje.

"Really? Here?"

"Hey, I'm just following the date plan here. You don't actually have to buy anything. C'mon, let's suit you up." Jirou rubbed her hands together in anticipation as she pushed the glass door open, causing the chimes to jingle noisily. "Now let's see here....."

Izuku began browsing through the racks himself. He had spent about three days for a crash course on women's fashion styles, but in the end was forced to give up due to the plethora of categories and subcategories that push the envelope further.

"Looking for anything in particular?" A store clerk asked with a slight accent to her voice.

"Oh, yes. I'm....." Izuku stopped midsentence as he turned to the store clerk. The sheer explosion of colors emanating for her was like a flashbang going off right in his face, stunning him for a few seconds. Even with the height boosted with the heels on her pumps, she was at least a head and a half taller than him. Parts of her dark skin was covered in scales like a reptile, but even that seemed to give off a strange alluring sheen. Moreover, she looked absolutely stunning in her dress, covered in intricate patterns on the sleeves, around the collar, the hems, and even the sides as it ran down to the hip bones but otherwise an immaculate white. "Sorry. That....looks amazing. It's a....dashiki? Right?"