Chapter 9 Bitter Feelings

° OWEN °

We pulled back instantly as the voice called my name. Both of our heads snapped to the voice, my eyes just widened as my door was wide open and Logan was standing in the doorway. His mouth was closed but in his eyes were full of surprise... And sadness?
For one why didn't he knock, it's my room, and why didn't I push Dylan away from me? I kept him close as I stared hard at my crush.

"Your mum said dinner is done." His words were cold and that hint sound of sadness and anger came out. With that, he turned on his heels and made his way back downstairs.

I couldn't move, I was shocked, my crush saw me kissing someone. I know he's straight but the look on his face made me feel bad. Guilty more like. But at the same time, a little part of me thought why was I feeling bad? He clearly isn't going to get with me. So why try when I can't get it.

"Owen, are you ok?" Like a clock, my head slowly made its way back to him. His eyes were hurt but in a different way, a way which was more upset about the way I looked. Empathy.

"I'm..." Nothing was going to happen between me and Logan, maybe this was a good thing, maybe this was a way of showing me that I don't need him as much as I thought.
"Yeah, I'm ok, thanks." I smiled which made him smile.

His arms which held my shoulders moved and wrapped themselves around my back. I rested my head onto his chest and his chin rested on my head. He was surprising taller than me, I mean way taller.  I took in his warmth as he held me close, for some reason it felt nice.

"Owen, Dylan, dinner!" I heard mum shout up.

We both broke away from each other and made our way downstairs. As I walked into the dining room Logan's eyes immediately snapped up to mine. His eyes went sort of narrowed, he was clearly pissed but I didn't know why. Why did he care if I kissed someone else?

"There you two are, what were you doing?" Mum asked as she placed the last plate onto the table.

"Just getting cleaned up." Logan scoffed at my words.

"Well take a seat." We both nodded and took our seats next to each other.

"Who's this?" Olivia questioned.

"Dylan, my friend." Again Logan scoffed and Olivia raised her brows.

"The same guy from yesterday?" She asked, I just nodded my head. Logan's jaw tightened.
"Hmm." Was Olivia's only reply.

There was a weird silence which fell until mum returned from the kitchen with a jug of water. Olivia started to talk the ear off Logan about stupid makeup products and the new stores in Middlesbrough.

"I'm really happy you brought Dylan round, Owen, he's really nice," Mum said over the talking of Olivia, Dylan blushed a little.
"It's good your making friends." That all to the familiar sound of Logan's scoff came again.

"If you call it friends," Logan spoke under his breath. My head immediately snapped to him.

"What was that honey?" Mum asked, please don't ask... Please don't answer.

"I... nothing important, " His eyes locked into mine, I begun to shake from his intense stare.
"I just said that I wouldn't call them friends." Mums face twisted.