Chapter 6 Stupid Mind

° OWEN °

The thought of someone else knowing my secret was a hard one for me to swallow. Luckily for me, Elliott is the type of person who stops talking about something. He doesn't like to push something which may or may not be true. In my case its true, but I can't tell him that. I just wish I wasn't so damn obvious when looking. I don't mean to look, but I can't help it.

I think that's my way of flirting.

Typical I look like a creep.

Putting that aside I focus on what's in front of me. Homework. I have all my work sprawled out on the dining room table. In the centre is my book, on the left, is pencils, rubbers, and a sharpener, and on the right is just my 'small' watercolour tray. It's a must that my equipment is set out right.

We didn't get set any specific homework but just to work in our books. Something I need to do badly since my book is a little on the empty side. This brief was stressful. We had our normal work than digital and finally photography to do all at once. At least my themes weren't too bad.

"Honey, you busy?" I bring my head up to see mum standing in front of me.

"Nothing too important." I lied, but I'll do anything to help my mum.

"Since it's just me and you tonight I was wondering if you wanted to do a mini-movie night with me." As the words trickle out her mouth I begin to smile. Even though I have a high amount of work to do, it was hard to turn down mum.

"I'll love too." She smiles warmly.

"Wonderful, I'll get the films ready." I nod which she receives then leaves.

I close my book and rise from my chair. A little part of me is glad that mum asked to have a movie night. With a day I had, I need some films right now. I push the chair back under the table, I make my way into the living room, the light was already off and the TV was already set up.

"One problem." I look to see mum flicking through the films on Netflix.

"And that is?"

"I don't know what to watch." I let out a soft chuckle and join her on the couch.

"As long as it's not sappy than were good." Now it was her turn to chuckle.

"Deal." Mum wasn't the romance type, more or less horror and mystery. I'm more of a huge horror lover and comedy.

I make myself comfortable on the couch and wrap one of the many blankets around me. Tonight was cold. I turn my head so my eyes fall onto the TV. I just see all the films zoom past as she scrolls super quick.

"Here." With a click, the huge words Hot Fuzz show up on the screen.
"A perfect film." It was, it was a comedy and slightly action I guess. I liked it.

The film begins to play as mum leans back into the couch. Following me, she wraps a blanket around herself. We both stay in silence as the film begins to play. My eyes follow the bright colours which flash up on the screen. I was drawn in straight away.

Let's hope I don't fall asleep.

~~~~~

The credit music for the episodes blasts out from the speakers. For the first time, I didn't fall asleep, something I surprise myself with. I turn my head to see mum fast asleep. I purse my lips together into a small smile before I decide to rise from the couch. I roll my blanket in my hands as I walk over to her. I gently wedge the blanket under her head. I successfully manage to not wake her up from my sudden action. I twist myself around and pick up the remote. With a small press, the splash of colours goes dull then black. I smile again before leaving the room and head to the stairs.

I walk up the stairs counting them as I go as the landing light was switched off. "And sixteen," I say quietly. I turn towards my room and at the same time my phone buzzes in my pocket. I take it from my back pocket, pressing the on button, my eyes get loaded which a beam of white light. As I blink away the bright light I see Logan's name show up after the miss call symbol.

Why was he phoning me for? He never does that. Only texts. Which isn't all the time.

I go to click on his caller ID to call him back. As my finger is about to touch the call button he's already phoning me. I purse my lips together then pick up his call.

"Hello." I knew who it was but its what everyone says.

"Hey, Owen." His voice sounds the same, warm and friendly.
"How's your night so far?" He speaks before I had a chance.

"Great so far. Yours?"

"Good to hear, mines you know the usual, video games." He lets out a low chuckle which I purse my lips together as I hear the cute sound.

"Is there a reason why you called?" Might be quick but I'm curious.

"Oh... Well, I just got bored." Oh, because he was bored, that's a good thing to be used for.
"And I just wanted to talk to you since your my friend." Those words he just spoke are different. There soft and have a slightly worried kick in them.

"I don't think to go from being bored then talking to me is a good idea. I'm boring." He chuckles low again. Damn it.

"Well, I don't think so." I can feel my cheeks literary burning up.
"I think your a cool and an awesome person to talk and hang out with." God why is he doing this, I'm either gonna pass out from overheating or I'm gonna say something stupid. Something I'll regret later.

"You think I'm awesome." After I speak I can't hold back the laugh I was building up. I'm far from awesome.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked, over my laughter he sounded kinda annoyed.

"Because it's so untrue." I laughed harder, I couldn't help it.

"Well, you are to me." Instantly I shut up. To him?

"What?" He cleared his throat.

"Nothing, I said people think you're awesome." Oh, did he, maybe I was still laughing too hard to understand.
"Anyway, I'm gonna call it a night." A part of me didn't want this call to end.

"Ok, night."

"Night."

He hangs up the phone, I have to let my heart settle and my face to cool down. I act like a huge girl whenever I do anything with him. Just sitting next to him in class makes me heat up. Come on look at today I bust my lip because of him. Well because of me. I acted like a complete idiot.

I need something to take my mind of him.

I think extremely hard of something but everything I do think of something it reminds me of him.

Why?

I reach my bed and plop myself down on my back. I look up at the boring white ceiling with the weird swirled pattern on it. At the end of each swirl looks like a very painful point which could pierce the skin.

"Stupid Logan." I kinda yell and throw up one the pillows behind me. It doesn't hit the ceiling but comes back down and covers my face.

As my vision gets inhaled by darkness I can feel my body beginning to feel light. My eyes begin to flutter as a huge wave of warmth takes over me. For the last moment, my mind thinks of one more thing.

Logan.

Damn it.