Chapter 5 Does He Know?

° OWEN °

I just let the sounds from everyone fade away as my music blast into my ears. It was lunch and Elliot has convinced me to leave the studio to join him and Andy. I don't think me playing music is what they had in mind. I didn't care, all I cared about the awkward first lesson with Logan. He acted differently to the fact that he took hold of my hand to guide my pencil. I know its pathetic but my heart was almost bursting out from his warm touch.

"Yo, Owen you there." A pair of clicking fingers catches my attention.

"W-what?" I pull my left earphone out.
"Did you say something?" He just shakes his head.

"No, but you're not with us." Elliott nods to my earphones.
"Please stop killing your eardrums." He pulls out the right one.

I switch of my music which was currently playing Love4ever, damn Elliott, I like that song. Again both him and Andy fall into a conversation which I take no interest in. I don't have a clue what they're talking about but its a mixture of boys and girls. I just want this day to be over.

"Hey, guys." I snap my head up to the familiar voice.
"Do you mind if I sit here, this place is full." My eyes lock with Logan's, damn you universe.

"Oh, yeah sure, Owen move over." I follow Andy's lead and move around the small wooden table.

"Thanks." He places his tray onto the table and pulls up a spare seat next to me.

As he sits his thigh rubs against mine, warmth immediately, I swallow down the lump which has just formed. The cafeteria was full from top to bottom. The one problem they never fix is the size of this place. I want to leave, I want to leave now, I want to run or hide, I'm sick of feeling this way. I can feel my cheeks slowly rise with warmth, no fire, his thigh rubs with mine when he laughs or moves.

"So did you and Dylan have fun working together?" There is a slightly sarcastic tone his voice.

"I wouldn't say it was fun." A light chuckle leaves from him.

As the chuckle leaves he pushes his hand through his hair, my stomach, familiar tingles and a knot grips my insides. I try breaking my eyes from him but I cant. I feel my teeth dig into my lower lip, the taste of iron filling my mouth. Crap, crap stupid mind stop controlling me without my consent.

"Owen." I hear Elliott's voice in my ears.

As I shake my head and turn it towards him, I feel the cold warm liquid running down my chin. Oh for the love of God.

"I-I'll be back." Placing my hand to my mouth I rise from my seat and head out of the cafeteria.

With slight force, the toilet door opens, empty, phew. I stagger over to the sinks and look up to the mirrors. Urg, my face, the most annoying thing about me. Putting my insecurities behind I remove my hand from my mouth. The blood has stained my lower lip and by the bottom teeth. My hand also has blood on it. Great.

Turning on the tap the sound of the warm running water makes me feel a little more relaxed. I start to wash away the blood from my hand, at the same moment the large blue wooden door opens. Flicking my eyes up I see Logan's figure stood still, his hands in his pockets, his and mine bag over his shoulders.

"Thought I'd check up on you." He starts to come closer. Oh God, oh God.

"I'm fine." I lie, of course.

"You're not fine, you started bleeding." Oh no did he see my action?

"I mean it I'm fine." Another lie.

Still, he doesn't listen and meets me by the sink, the blood from my hand gone but not from the sink. Carefully he places both bags onto the counter, in a quick motion, he pulls a paper towel out from the dispenser. He turns on his own tap dampening the green towel.