Chapter 7 A Change?

I tried writing this book in present tense but it's difficult to do. So, for now, I'll continue it in past tense, since I'm more confident in my writing that way.
Eventually, the other chapters will be updated.
Thanks ❤💙💜

° OWEN °

The first week had gone by pretty quick. It was filled with an enormous amount of awkwardness, terrible thoughts, and trying to avoid both Logan and Elliott. I know saying avoiding him made me sound like a child but I had to. Elliott may or may not know about my feeling towards Logan, and Logan kept smiling and saying nice things which made my heart hurt.

Luckily for me, Logan had decided to sit next to Ben and Jessica throughout the week. It made me feel a little relieved actually because of his words and smiles are hard, but having him next to me would be harder. Another thing that was odd was that Dylan had been talking to me more and helped me with a few techniques which I didn't know. I felt completely embarrassed since I should have known them but I forgot when he started to talk.

I was sat on my bed and interlocked my fingers together like I was waiting for something. I wasn't. Just bored and had thoughts. Then suddenly my door flew open and hit the shelves, knocking off a few things. My head snapped up to see Olivia walking in, tears in her eyes.

"Olivia... Is everything ok?" I've never seen her cry before.

"Owen, Zack hasn't been talking to me." She gave herself a spot on my bed next to me. I didn't know what to do, she's never come to me before. But she said Zack, why was she like this for him, he's just a friend. And someone she hasn't seen in about seven years.

"Maybe he's busy." She sniffed harder. Gross.

"Yeah, but he hasn't does this before." Yeah for about seven years.

"I forgot the seven years you missed doesn't count." Her head snapped to mine. The fire raged in her eyes as they glared into mine.

"You know what I came to you for support." Why? You've never before when you sobbed over boys.

"But why?" She just scoffed at my words.

"Because I thought gay people are good at giving advice." Really... Just really.

"That's n-." Before I could finish she had already raised from the bed and started to head out. With a flick of the hair, she turned to me.

"You're pathetic."

"Excuse me!" Before I could even think or talk a harsh voice was heard coming from the hall. 

I stood up as I didn't know who owned the voice and I knew it was too harsh to be from Logan. Olivia hissed at whoever spoke.

"And who the hell do you think you are." She spoke at the hidden speaker, hands held right to her hips.

"I'm his friend." With one small push, she had been moved aside and the secret voice came in view. Dylan.

"Whatever, bye gay boy." She flicked her hair over her shoulders and walked down the hall and into her room. The door slammed behind her.

I turned back to see Dylan who just smiled at me. He was taller than I thought and looked bigger, muscular wise, then I thought too. His hair was a mess from either the wind or not bothering to fix it when he woke up. His cheeks were a slight pink from the bitter wind which the tip of his nose followed the same colour. He looked handsome and cute.

What?

Handsome?

Cute?

Well, he wasn't ugly.