Chapter 8 Change of Love?

° OWEN °

Have you ever been afraid to wake up? I was right now. I mean I was awake but too scared to open my eyes. Yesterday with Dylan felt different, no strange, I had the same feelings that I have for Logan for him. No, no I didn't. I think. I felt the tingles, the warmth and more weirdly the slight shyness. Urg, why do my feelings confuse me.

I felt something move beside me, he wasn't pressed up against me like he was before we slept, but it was still an odd movement. I was scared to open my eyes and turn around. I was scared for what I might see or do. Let's do it.

I built up the courage and flipped my body over to my other side. I had my eyes still tightly shut. Taking a deep breath I was counting down to when I would open my eyes. One. Two. Three. I was a complete chicken he was either sleeping or had moved to go to the bathroom. I opened my eyes.

"Morning." Dylan's voice was husky as he spoke. I was taken back by surprise when I opened my eyes he was still in the same position, his eyes were already open and looking at me, a soft smile was placed on his face.

"M-morning." I stuttered out. Why am I acting like an idiot to him? I don't have feelings for him, I have them for Logan.

"How'd you sleep?" I just stared into his eyes as that husky low voice danced in my ears.
Stop it you baboon.

"Fine." Mentally facepalm myself.
"You?" He smile went wide.

"One the best nights." He actually liked this bed, this bed annoyed me so much.

Again there was a long staring contest, his eyes didn't look tired, they looked fresh and slightly dreamy. Jeez, stop it. Every time I tried pushing the thoughts out my head they came back. I hated to admit it but is pushed Logan back a little. Stop it. Even yelling at myself wasn't working.

"You sure your not sick." He said and again placed the back of his hand to my forehead. His touch was warm which didn't go well with my already warm skin. Why? Why?
"You feel warm." He pulled himself closer to me. Help.

"I-I'm not sick, just warm." He smiled but that didn't stop him from moving until were nose to nose. I couldn't explain what I'm feeling right now. Terrified, warm, shy, warm, confused, burning, I feel faint.

"Whoa, hey you ok." He said and grabbed my shoulders. I felt my body go a little faint as I fell onto my back.
"I told you, you were sick." He propped himself up on his elbow. His eyes found their way into mine.

"I'm not sick, I promise." I hope he didn't panic about catching something.

"I'm not afraid of catching whatever bug you got." Oh never mind, oh no does he know that I'm clearly not well and dying over him.

And once again like everything we fell into silence. A silence which didn't make me feel uncomfortable, but a silence which made me feel warmer. His hazel eyes just gazed into mine as his toned frame was tilted up. What the heck am I going to do, I can't keep staring like a creep.

"You keep burning up." Yes because of you for some reason.

"Just feeling a little hot, you know the sun." He turned and looked out the window.

"It's raining." Oh for God sake, can I not get a break.

As he turned back to me, that annoying silence fell back to me.
"Breakfast!" I heard mum shout up.
Thank you so much.

I didn't hesitate to jump, well fall out of bed.

Yep, I made myself look like an idiot once again.

~~~~~

Breakfast went ok, apart from mum being a little surprised by Dylan. She didn't care because she liked him so it wasn't a bad thing. With mum, if she likes whoever I invite in, you know there a good person. At least I got to keep Elliott, I don't know how I'll cope without him.

I offered Dylan to stay for dinner which I couldn't stop myself saying. My mind was doing things without my consent and I didn't like it one bit. We had been up in my room since breakfast and fighting each other on Dead Or Alive. I won obviously. He had no chance against me, fighting games are my jam.

Thankfully the awkward staring had stopped, not one hundred percent, but enough to not make me feel warm. But I caught myself looking from the corner of my eye to see him smiling and happy. For some strange reason, it made my heart hurt, the same way it does for Logan.

"Damn it, you beat me again." He whined and placed down the controller.

"I think you're being nice and letting me win." He chuckled.

"Maybe, I might be secretly good at this game." A small smirk curved onto his face.

"Well, you didn't show it." He nodded in approval.

"Ouch, but true." Now it's my turn to smirk.
"So what you wanna do now." I actually didn't know, I would come up with the plan of what to do, but this time I had nothing.

"I don't know this time." He smiled then stood up from the floor. We went over to the window and rested his elbows on the windowsill and stared out into the rain. I rose and joined next to him.

"Maybe just relax, who knew rain could be relaxing." He was right it was, I found myself staring out sometimes. Although I found it more relaxing standing out in the rain than watching it.

I stared out into the back garden, the rain drowning whatever vegetation survived. The rain wasn't hard but enough to soak you a second you stood out in it. It was a beautiful thing rain, might be weird, but I liked it.

"Makes you think right?" His voice broke my eyes away from the scene.

"It helps clear my mind." He smiled which made my cheeks warm.

"Good mind." Even though the sky was dull his eyes still shined. I couldn't handle the way I was feeling and I didn't like that. Why was I suddenly feeling the same way that I do with Logan? I've known Logan for a long time so my feeling grew, but with Dylan, we've only talked and known each other properly for a week.

He moved!

His whole body moved towards mine, for some reason my body didn't move back. I stayed perfectly still like I a statue. Swallowing down hard he kept moving closer, the heck, move you, stupid idiot. My body didn't want to, it was like it knew what was coming and it wanted it.

Closing the small gap between us his lips attached themselves to mine. The sudden feeling made my body shudder. His warm lips lingered on mine. My eyes were the widest they've gone, Dylan's were closed. My shoulders twitched back but he moved our position and placed his hands onto my shoulders to keep me still. Whatever you call this, awkward kiss, ended and his lips detached from mine.

"I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself." He seemed cool were I properly looked like a deer caught in headlights. But then my mind took control. Cursive mind.

I moved closer and I was the one to connect our lips this time. I didn't know why but my mind wanted this. I soaked up his warmth as our lips moved in sync. I completely forgot about everything. Olivia, College, and Logan, someone who I thought couldn't be kicked out.

"Owen dinners done..." We both pulled back at the same time. Both shocked at the sudden interruption from whoever. I snapped my head to the door to see who had caught us.

Logan!