Chapter 3 Just A Walk

° OWEN °

"I only saw him once but he was gorgeous." Elliott crows out.

"So you never talked to him?" Adam asks, his brow raises.

"I was going to." They both start laughing then go back into the conversation.

I block out their voices as my mind takes over. "You'd rather hang out with this." She's said stuff like this before but it hurts because she's my sister and she sees me as, "This." And nothing else. I wonder sometimes if I was born a girl would she still treat me the same way. I wonder if my feelings for Logan will still be there. Probably.

But then there's the other thing she said. "He's probably gay." I don't know how to take in these words, something I don't want to hear. I don't know, just something I can't get my head around.

"Yo, earth to Owen." I blink my eyes in time with Elliott's clicking fingers.

"Mmm, what?" I say as I snap myself back into reality.

"You completely zoned out." Adam giggles.

"What you dreaming about?" Elliott's voice goes all sweet and lovey-dovey.

"Nothing." I lie.

"Is it a girl?" Adam asks as he moves his position on the floor.

"No."

"A boy?" Elliott asks last.

"No." Of course, I lie again, if my mum doesn't know about me beginning gay then no one knows.

"Pht." You're so unfair." Elliott blows his hair out of his eyes.

A small knock on the door takes all our attention, each head turning to the plain wooden door. With a small click Logan's head peers in. A large goofy smile spreads on his face, his eyes jump from one of us to the other.

"Hey, Owen can I talk to you." I nod then rise up.

With a deep breath, I walk out, as I close the door I see his entire body leaning up against the wall. The smile he had before twists and settles into something soft and sweet. His cheeks are a light pink and his lips look ready to take into mine. I mentally slap myself until the thoughts pour out before opening my mouth.

"Is everything ok?" I ask, swallowing down harshly since my mouth has gone dry.

"Yeah, I'm actually heading out but I was wondering if you'd like to walk with me to the town." Inside my mind begins to turn and panic about what he said.

"Oh, well..."

"Go!" I hear Elliott's voice break over my awkward words.

"Are you listening on our conversation?" I yell back. Although I can't get too mad, I did listen on Logan's and Olivia's last night.

"No." The door opens and Elliott's face falls out.
"We've finished everything that we needed to do, so Adam and I will leave."

"You don-." My words get cut off by Logan's beautiful voice.

"That means your free, great." He purses his lips into a smile then turns into Olivia's room.

I whip myself around.
"Why did you do that for?" I whisper to him, trying to have anger in my voice.

"Well we have finished, and what's the big deal your only walking." Not saying any more I purse my lips tight together.

Obviously, he doesn't know about my feelings, but this was going to be hard. I know we're just walking but I try to avoid things like this. It's hard enough that we go to the same college and have the same class. That for me is enough my heart and stomach can take but still ends in me feeling bad, bad being an understatement.