Chapter Nineteen

Today's the day. Anna and Damien are finally getting married. Dorothy is putting the finishing touches on everything before she helps Anna get dressed and ready for the big day.

"Put that table over there instead. It's blocking the ice sculpture. And put that arrangement on that table. It's far too big to be on this one" Dorothy said as she pointed to things and made orders to the employees that were setting up. She walked into the ball room where cocktail hour was being held and grabbed the microphone. "Good afternoon everyone. Welcome to the wedding of my son Damien and his wonderful fiancé Annabelle. We have an hour before the ceremony starts so please enjoy the cocktails and appetizers being brought around before the wedding. Thank you" she said as everyone clapped and she placed the microphone back into its holder, then made her way to Anna.

She walked into the bridal suite where all of the girls were getting their hair and makeup done. Anna was standing in the middle of the room putting her earrings on. She had her hair and makeup done already, so now was time for her dress.

"Anna, dear, you look absolutely breathtaking" Dorothy said as she started tearing up and went to embrace Anna.

"Aw Dorothy you're going to make me cry and ruin my makeup!" Anna laughed as she wiped away a tear.

"I just can't believe today is finally here! The daughter I never had is getting married. How marvelous" Dorothy exclaimed as she clasped her hands together.

"Wow. Daughter you never had huh?" Stella said as she stood in the doorway holding Bella.

"Where have you been? You've been missing for two days!" Anna yelled.

"Doing what outcast daughters do. Partying, doing drugs, drinking with my baby. You know, fun stuff" Stella smirked.

"That's enough, Stella. You've already been kicked out of the bridal party. Go take a seat with the rest of the guests" Dorothy said dismissively.

"WHAT? Kicked out? Are you kidding me? All because I missed some stupid fucking dinner?" Stella yelled.

"No. Because you're a selfish bitch. Now get out before I call security" Anna retaliated.

Stella opened her mouth to speak but walked away instead.

"Good going, my girl. Now let's get you ready for your big day!" Dorothy said excitedly.

The bridesmaids and Alex finished getting ready while Anna got her dress on in the changing room. The fitting assistant helped her into her gown and walked out, announcing she's done.

"Let's see it, shall we" Dorothy said. On that cue, Anna walked out in a stunning Oleg Cassini off the shoulder lace gown. Everyone in the room started gawking at how beautiful it was. Harriet and Claire covered their mouths and gasped at almost the exact same time, even though they went dress shopping with her. Seeing her on her wedding day was just different.

Dorothy immediately burst into tears and ran over to hug Anna. "You're so beautiful. I'm so glad Damien found you"

Anna tried to hold back tears as she hugged Dorothy. "It's time to go now! Let's do this" she said nervously as they all cheered with champagne and made their way to the ceremony space.

"Alright girls and boys, get in line. You all look wonderful. I'm so glad you're all here" Dorothy said, getting emotional again. "Grab your groomsmen and as Anna said, let's do this" she said as she found her husband and walked to their seats.