Chapter Ten

"Damien?" Anna whispered through her tears.

"Hey baby girl! What are you doing here? No no no why are you crying?" Damien asked as he rushed over to her and held her face.

"Are you cheating on me?!" She said as she smacked him away.

"What? No. God no baby. This is my sister Stella. I was gonna surprise you at dinner"

"Oh. Hi! I'm Anna!" She perked up and ran to give Stella a hug.

"Hi. Sorry. I just assumed. You're so pretty..." Anna blushed.

Alex grabbed her by the arm, "Okay well we have plans sooo...bye!" He said as he pulled Anna away.

"Bye! See you later!" She yelled back at Damien and Stella.

The whole way to Dave and Busters Alex and Anna belted out early 2000's hit songs. It was about 45 minutes away so they listened to a lot when they finally arrived.

"Ya know I've never been here" Anna said as she looked at the restaurant amused while driving to the parking garage.

"Really!? It's like the best place ever!" Alex said as he parked his car in the front section of the parking garage.

"I'm excited! So it's like Chuck E Cheese but like, for grown-ups?" She asked.

"Omg okay. Let's go. I'll show you" he said as he dragged her into the building.

It was loud when they walked in and you couldn't see anything except to the right there were tables and straight in front, there was a hostess desk that wrapped around to the left side.

"I thought you said there were games?" Anna said, disappointed.

"Oh silly. There are! To the left behind the desk. That's where that noise is coming from!" He said as he walked her past the desk to see the giant room of games.

"Holy shit" Anna said as she started walking through the game room.

"We have to get a game card first so we can play!" Alex said as he walked to the ticket counter to purchase a game card.

After they got their cards, they played for a couple hours then got some prizes from the prize room. Anna's stomach started growling so they decided to sit and eat as well.

They got ultimate nachos for free with the tickets they won so they shared the giant pile while they talked about their day and dinner later that night. After they finished eating, they walked back to the car and headed home.

"I'm surprised Damien hasn't messaged you all day" Alex said as he got on the interstate back towards Anna's home.

"Oh. Yeah. Well my phones been dead since before ice cream so ya know, he might have" she laughed.

"Oh, shit am I gonna get in trouble for keeping you out too late? Cause I don't wanna get in trouble. He scares me"

Anna laughed, "No, you won't get in trouble".

They listened to more songs and soon pulled up to Anna and Damien's house. There was a police car sitting out front.

"Hey, I'll call you later. Love you byeeee!" Anna said as she got out of the car and waved goodbye.

"What's going on???" Anna yelled as she burst through the front door.

"ANNABELLE! Where the fuck have you been?! Why weren't you or Alex answering any of my calls or texts! It's been five god damn hours!" Damien screamed at her.

Anna started to cry, "I-I-I'm sorry. My-mmm-y phone died a-a-and I guess Alex's d-did too".

"No don't cry baby girl. I was just worried sick!"

"So we can head out then?" The officer asked.

"Yeah, sorry to waste your time Charlie" Damien said as he shook the officer's hand.

"Anna, come with me" Damien said as he held his hand out to her.

"Yes sir" she said through her still flowing tears.

They headed upstairs and into Damien's bedroom. He took his belt off and stood in front of the bed, pointing to it.

"But daddy" Anna frowned. They never use the belt.

"You scared me today. You need to learn it's not okay to be gone so long without letting me know where you are. I bought you 3 chargers for a reason, Princess. I don't want to know constantly. Just every once in a while let me know you're okay. Bend over the bed please"

Anna got her spankings and they walked into Anna's bathroom to get her cleaned up before dinner. They finished and walked back downstairs to find Stella cooking dinner.

"You don't have to do that. I was gonna cook. You're the guest" Damien said as he helped Anna onto a bar stool.

"Psh. You could never cook as good as me, big brother. So, how long have you guys known each other?" Stella asked over her shoulder as she placed the pan of steaks into the oven.

"Three years now isn't it Anna?" Damien answered.

Anna nodded her head, "Why are you cooking the steak in the oven?"

"It makes it more tender. You cook it for about 5 minutes on each side in a pan of olive oil, then stick it in the oven on 350 for about 15 minutes for a perfectly cooked and juicy steak" Stella answered.

"I've never heard of that. That sounds cool. Can I help?" Anna asked as she tried to hop down from the bar stool but was too short and ended up just falling on the ground. Trying to hide her little side, she got back up on her own and insisted she was fine instead of crying to be picked up.

Stella and Anna finished dinner and prepared plates for everyone while Damien poured himself and Stella drinks and got a cup of apple juice for Anna.

"Oh um, no thanks. That's actually why I'm here Dame. I'm pregnant" Stella said as Damien tried to hand her a scotch.

"Oh. Huh. Alright then. Is this one by a biker dude or do you even know whose it is?" He asked angrily as he half threw his silverware down on the table.

"I know the father. Don't be a jack ass. It's different this time. We've been together for a year and he has a real job" Stella said, her face red with part guilt and part embarrassment.

"OOOH I love babies!" Anna squealed.

"I think we're done here. Anna go wash up and go to your room, I'll be up in a little bit" Damien instructed.

"But Da-Damien it's only 9" Anna said confused.

"Please just go get ready for bed. Don't fight with me"

"Okay" Anna frowned as she stood up to go upstairs, "goodnight Stella!"

"Night Anna!" Stella yelled as Anna ran up the stairs.

"We'll talk tomorrow. But just so you know, I'm not helping you with whatever you came here for. Leave me and Anna out of this, please. You know where the guest room is. Goodnight." he said as he cleared their plates and headed upstairs to bed.