Chapter Nine

Damien woke up the next morning and went to find Anna. He peeked in her room and saw she was sound asleep in her bed still, even though it was already 10am. He decided to wake her up, so he walked into her bedroom and laid down with her.

"Good morning Daddy" she whispered as she laid in her bed beside him.

Damien kissed her forehead, "Hello little one. You slept in pretty late. Did you sleep well?"

"Yeee I missed you though. I don't like sleeping by myself" she said as she nuzzled against him.

"I'm sorry baby. I had some things to do so I had to put you to sleep in here. You can sleep in our room tonight"

"C-can you help me downstairs pwease?" She said as she gave him grabby hands.

Damien laughed, "Of course princess. You're feeling pretty little today, hmm?" She nodded in response and he helped her out of bed and to the bathroom to do her morning routine. After she was finished he carried her downstairs and they decided on what  they wanted to eat. Damien sat Anna at the tv and turned on cartoons while he fixed breakfast. A few minutes later he walked into the living room.

"Baby girl what are you watching?" He said as he noticed vulgar language coming from the tv.

"Cartoons daddy"

Damien walked over to the couch, "Let me see. Oh oh oh. Okay. This is grown up cartoons. I'm sorry little one. Here, let me find Disney Junior" he said as he realized he had put on Cartoon Network.

He put on The Lion Guard and went back to fixing breakfast. He finished cooking eggs, bacon, pancakes, and biscuits and made himself and Anna a plate then went to sit down with her on the couch.

"We get to eat on the couch today?" Anna squealed.

"Only for today. I have a friend coming over later so I want to spend time with you while I can"

Anna frowned, "Oh."

"What? You get me all day every other day. Daddy needs to spend some time with his friends sometimes too"

"I know daddy. I just miss you when we aren't together. What am I supposed to do all by myself all day?"

"You're not gonna be by yourself princess. Alex is coming over. I want you to spend time with your friends too. Now eat your breakfast so we can get ready"

"Okay daddy"

They finished their breakfast and took a shower together, then they both got dressed for the day. Damien wore tan pants with a navy blue t-shirt that showed his muscles far too much for Anna's liking, and Anna wore a grey romper with a pink cardigan and flip flops.

"Now princess this friend doesn't know about our lifestyle. I don't want you to repress yourself but I don't know how he will react" he said as he picked up Anna's coloring book and handed it to her to put away.

Anna sighed but nodded in response. A few minutes later the doorbell rang and Damien opened it to find Jesse. "Hey man! How's it going?"

"Good, good. Anna come here and meet Jesse" Damien said as he called towards Anna in the living room.

"H-hi" she stuttered as she stood behind Damien.

Jesse laughed, "Hey. I don't bite. You can come out"

Anna stepped out from behind Damien and waved at Jesse. "Hello"

"Sorry, she's shy" Damien smiled as he kissed her on the forehead.

"That's okay. My girlfriend is pretty shy too. No biggie. What are you gonna do today?" He asked Anna.

"Ummm I'm gonna hang out with my friend for a bit I think. What are you guys doing?" She asked as she started to come out of her shell a little.

"I think we're gonna go to town for a bit and maybe grab some lunch" Jesse answered as he gestured to Damien.

"We'll be back later. Alex will be over shortly. Be good" Damien said sternly as he grabbed his wallet and keys. He then gave Anna a kiss before he and Jesse walked out of the door, saying their goodbyes. After they left Anna sat on the couch and took out her phone to give her something to do while she waited for Alex. Ten minutes after Damien left Alex rang the doorbell.

"Hi! I'm so glad you're here! I was soooo bored and lonely even though I was only home for like five minutes" Anna laughed.

"Yassss bitch. I'm taking you for ice cream. Then we can decide where to go" Alex said as he pulled her out of the door and into his car.

They arrived at Cold Stone and stood in line looking at the menu. When it was their turn, Alex ordered his and told Anna to order because he was paying. She went to order when she looked in the corner and noticed Damien sitting with Jesse and a girl she had never seen before.

"Alex who is that?!" She said quietly with her back turned towards the group.

"Mm no idea. Want me to go ask?" He asked.

"Fuck no! I'll just order and we can watch from outside" she said. She ordered her ice cream and Alex paid then they walked outside to find a seat where they could watch.

"Maybe it's his friends' girlfriend?" Alex asked as he bit a piece out of his ice cream.

"Okay one, you're a psychopath for doing that. And two, I didn't think of that" she laughed.

"How about we go to Dave and Buster's?" Alex asked.

"Okie! Works for me!" She said as she stood up.

They started walking away as the door swung open and Damien came walking out with the girl on his arm.

Tears started welling up in Anna's eyes, "Damien?"