Chapter Eighteen

"Miss Adams, where would you like us to put the ice sculpture?" A man in a white polo shirt with the name USAICE embroidered in the corner said.

"W-what? Ice sculpture?" Anna said confused.

"Yes ma'am. The ice sculpture ordered by Mrs. Dorothy Bailey?" He replied as he looked at the order form on his clipboard.

"Oh um just stick it in that corner over there" Anna pointed.

Tomorrow was she and Damien's wedding day. They were putting the finishing touches on everything before the rehearsal dinner, but there were so many aspects that Anna didn't approve of. Damien's mother, Dorothy, had taken over the planning. There were extravagant decorations, and even the venue itself was over $20,000 just to rent for two days. But, Dorothy had insisted she give Anna the wedding of her dreams, since she didn't have any family to help her.

"Hey Damien. Can I talk to you?" Anna asked when she found him in the crowd of people.

"Sure sweetheart. See you guys in a bit. My wife needs me" Damien said as he gestured to the men he was conversing with.

"I don't think I can do this."

Damien stood shocked. "What do you mean?"

"These people. This wedding. It's too much. I'll never be good enough for any of this. I'll never be able to pay your mother back. I think we should just cancel and get refunded for everything" Anna said as she looked down and shuffled her feet.

"Baby girl. Look at me. You are perfect. You don't need to pay my mother back, this wedding is her gift to you and to us. Trust me. She's so happy I found you. She loves you so much. These people? Who cares what they think. It's what we think. And the wedding? Just imagine getting to tell our kids about it one day. 'Mommy and daddy had an ice sculpture made of their faces' Our kids are going to think we were so cool" Damien laughed, trying to make Anna feel better.

"Yeah," she laughed, "I guess you're right. I'm just really stressed out with everything. Trying to find places for everything is hard, even if this is a whole winery. And I want to make sure the food is okay and that everyone is happy. I can't find Stella so that's one less bridesmaid helping out. And-"

"You can't find Stella?" Damien questioned.

"No. I've been looking for her for hours. Her and Bella are nowhere to be found. It's kind of hard to lose a 26 year old woman AND a 6 month old baby. But it can happen...apparently"

"I'll go find her. Why don't you and your bridesmaids go to your suite in the house. Me and mom can get everything ready for dinner" Damien kissed Anna on her forehead as he walked away.

Anna walked around gathering up her bridesmaids and Alex, then made her way to her bridal suite. The room was adorned with balloons and flower petals, and the bed had a note from Damien along with a couple bottles of champagne in an ice bucket.

"Who wants a drink?" She asked as she pulled one of the bottles out of the bucket.

"Me!" Alyssa and Lana both said, then the pair started giggling.

"But we have to shower you in champagne! It's a tradition...I think" Harriet, Damien's cousin, laughed.

"Okay, okay. If you insist. It's not like I've ever fantasized about laying in a California king bed covered in rose petals getting showered with champagne before" Anna laughed.

"Okay I'll do it! Ladies, back up. I've got this" Alex said jokingly. He struggled to open the bottle so Lana grabbed it from him.

"Why don't you let a real man try" she teased and opened up the wrapping. "Okay Anna, you ready?" Anna nodded. "Okay on the count of three. One. Two. Three!" And on the count of three she finished opening the cork and sent champagne flying across the bed and onto Anna, who was squinting her eyes and opening her mouth.

The 4 bridesmaids and Alex laughed until their sides couldn't take it anymore.

"So! How was it?" Lana asked.

"Terrible. I'll never have that fantasy again" Anna laughed.

"We have to get a picture! Everyone sit beside her, Anna in the middle" Alex instructed and everyone followed. "Okay Lana move to the left a little. Now Victoria move to the right. Harriet don't move, you're perfect! And Alyssa sit up a little more"

"Geez are you always this bossy?" Harriet laughed.

"You've known me over a year and I've been bossy every second of it. Don't act surprised" he teased. "Okay get ready. One. Two. Three" Click. "Does anyone want to see it before I post it on the gram?"

"All of us! We're girls, duh!" Victoria laughed.

"You guys can look. I'm gonna go take a shower. Can you guys get someone to come change the bedding?"

"Sure thing love bug! Enjoy your shower!" Alex said as he looked back at her and flicked his wrist in a goodbye fashion.

Anna picked out her outfit for the rehearsal dinner and hopped into the shower.

After she finished washing the stickiness off of her body and out of her hair, she got dressed and headed back into her suite which was now empty. The bed was clean and remade, and there was a note saying everyone left to get ready for dinner. She finished her makeup and hair and made her way to the section where the dinner was being held.

It was beautiful. There was a long wooden table covered in greenery and baby's breath with small details of purple, with candles intertwined. The gazebo had string lights all around, illuminating the space wonderfully. Almost everyone was there waiting, but Damien was nowhere to be found.

"Have you guys seen Damien?" She asked her bridesmaids, minus Stella.

"Nope not since he finished getting the vineyard ready. He's probably just getting dressed" Harriet answered.

"I'm gonna go look for him. I'll be back" Anna said as she walked back towards the vineyard.

She walked for a minute before she saw him, sitting in a chair in front of the decorated arch looking at the almost finished setting sun.

"Hey. Everyone's ready for dinner. What are you doing?" Anna asked as she placed her hand on his shoulder.

"I can't find her" he sighed.

"Who?"

"Stella. I'm sorry Anna. I should have never invited her to be a bridesmaid. I knew she couldn't handle it"

"That's okay. I don't care, really. I have Alex stepping in. He's excited to be a bridesman" Anna laughed.

"She's ruining this. She's always ruined everything and I'm letting her ruin this too"

"No, no, no. She's not ruining anything. She would be ruining it if she was here"

"I guess you're right. I'm sorry, Anna. I should have listened to you. I thought you just didn't get along because of Bella"

"Well, come on. Everyone's waiting. And I'm starving" she said as she grabbed his hand and they made their way towards the group.