Chapter Fourteen

The next few months were spent buying lots of pink and getting the nursery prepared for Bella's arrival.

"Don't you think it's a little weird that my name is Annabelle and Stella is naming her baby Bella? That's like, half of my name. Also, when is she gonna leave?" Anna asked at breakfast three months after the party.

"Annabelle. What has gotten into you the past couple weeks? You've barely spoken to Stella and when you do, it's rude. I'm tired of saying something to you. What's going on?" Damien demanded.

"Nothing. I'm absolutely fine. I gotta go to work" she said as she threw most of her food in the trash and went upstairs to get ready.

The truth is, ever since they found out Stella was having a girl, Damien has barely spent any time with Anna. She hasn't gotten into little space in weeks and Damien hasn't even cared. He hasn't been a daddy and she's starting to get fed up.

She got to work and threw on her apron and angrily stomped to the register.

"Woah. Girl. You've been in a funk lately. What the heck has you so messed up?!" Alex asked.

"Nothing. I'm fine. Don't worry about it"

"No. Tell me. You can't go on living like this. You'll explode! Now tell me" Alex demanded.

"Did you know, I've spent like, hours with Damien since we found out Stella is having a girl? He hasn't done shit with me. We barely even sleep together anymore because he just falls asleep on the couch watching tv. I don't think I can do this much longer. I really can't" Anna said as she fought back the tears.

"Anna. You guys have been together for like four years. Is a baby that's not even y'all's really gonna tear you apart? If so, girl. He ain't the one for you!" Alex said reassuringly.

"I know. But he got me into CG/L and made me love it and I've spent so much of my time with him. I don't want to think about how I've wasted so many years with him for nothing. And you know, I figured he would have proposed by now. I mean, I'm 22. I'm not getting any younger. He's just so worried about Stella. It's constantly Stella this, and Stella that" Anna said as a customer walked in. She rolled her eyes and turned around to take their order.

"Hey beautiful. Can I just get a large iced coffee with soy milk please" the gorgeous man at the counter asked.

Anna blushed, "Um sure. Yeah. Did you want any flavors in it like cinnamon dulce?"

"I'll get whatever you wanna give me" he smirked.

Alex coughed as he poured the iced coffee into the mans cup.

"How about my number?" Anna asked. She had never been so bold before and she knew if Damien found out she was flirting he would be mad. But then again, maybe he wouldn't be.

"Very forward. I like it. How about I give you my card, and you can text me whenever you're free to go to dinner?" The man said as he pulled a card out of his wallet.

Anna blushed again and nodded her head as she took the card and read it. Shane Warren. Federal Bureau of Investigations. Fuck. He works with Samson.

Alex finished the coffee and handed it to the man. "Here ya go, Sir. This one's on the house. Bye now!" He said as he pulled Anna away and into the back room. "ARE YOU CRAZY?!"

"What?! I need attention somewhere. Plus, Damien's so busy with Stella he probably wouldn't care even if I told him I was gonna go fuck someone else"

"Anna. You're not really gonna cheat on Damien are you?" Alex asked with a saddened expression.

"No, bitch. Eating dinner isn't cheating. And I wouldn't actually fuck someone else unless I broke up with Damien, you know that"

"Okay. If you say so. But I think you should break up with him if you're even thinking about fucking someone else. I mean, that means it really is over, ya know? And if you do break up and need somewhere to go, you know my house is open" Alex said as he patted Anna on the back.

"Yeah. I get it. And thanks I love you! I'm gonna go clean tables. Thanks for the talk gay-bae"

*************************************

After work, Anna stopped and got herself Panera for lunch. She got home and saw Damien was in his office with the door shut.

"Why am I not surprised" Anna thought to herself. She went upstairs and changed out of her clothes, throwing them onto the floor next to the bed. She put on pajamas then turned on Netflix in their bedroom and ate her lunch. She was asleep with Once Upon a Time on tv when Damien walked in.

"Hey, Anna how was...Oh. Okay. You're asleep" he said as he picked up her clothes to put in the laundry when Shane's card fell out of her pocket.

"Why does she have this?" He thought to himself. He decided to go downstairs and call Samson.

"Hey. I picked up Anna's clothes from work and a card fell out for a Shane Warren. It's an FBI card. Do you know him?"

"Yeah. He's actually in my unit. I can call him and see if everything's okay if you want?"

"Yeah. Yeah, do that. I haven't really seen or talked to Anna much so I wanna make sure she's okay"

"What do you mean? Did you guys break up?"

"No nothing like that. I've just been busy getting ready for the baby and taking care of Stella..."

"That's harsh man. Stella can take care of herself. You need to spend time with Anna. After all, you're not proposing to Stella"

"Yeah. You're right. Alright, call him for me please and let me know"

"Will do" Samson said as he ended the call.

A few minutes later he called back."Hey man. I don't know how to tell you this, but Shane said he saw Anna at work today and they flirted with each other and he's taking her to dinner. You might wanna go talk to her"

"Are you fucking kidding me? Thanks for letting me know" Damien said as he hung up the phone and went upstairs to talk to (rather, yell at) Anna.