Chapter Fifteen

"Hey Anna. Anna, wake up" Damien said quietly as he rubbed Anna's back, waking her up.

"What?" She said angrily.

"How was work?"

"It was fine. Did you need something?"

"I just wanted to see how your day was. See if anything interesting happened"

"Weird. He hasn't asked me about my day in weeks" Anna thought to herself. "Work was work. Boring. Can I go back to sleep now?"

"Yeah. Sorry to wake you. I'm gonna run Stella to her doctors appointment. Do you need anything while I'm out?"

"Of course you are. No. I'm good. I don't need anything from you" she said as she rolled away from him and shut her eyes.

"Alright. See you later I guess" Damien let out a defeated sigh.

After he walked out and she heard the door shut, she started to cry. She cried so hard she could barely breathe. She cried for what seemed like an hour but was only a few minutes. She picked up her pants from the floor and searched for Shane's card, which she found exactly where she left it.

Anna: Hey Shane. It's Anna, from the coffee shop today. I'm free tonight if you want to hang out :)

A few minutes later her phone buzzed

804xxxxxxx: Hey beautiful ;) I can pick you up around 6 if that works for you?
Anna: Can I just meet you at your place? Sorry my house is just a mess right now haha lots of people here
804xxxxxxx: Even better. 9200 Shiloh Drive. It's the big house with the red car parked out front. Can't wait to see you without clothes ;)
804xxxxxxx: *Work clothes

Anna got up and took a shower, then decided on what to wear. By the time she was done it was 5:30 and the GPS said his house was 40 minutes away.

Shit.

She hurriedly did her makeup and threw on her shoes then headed out the door to Shanes.

When she arrived, she sat in her car for 10 minutes debating on whether or not to go in. She had gotten there a few minutes early so she had time to waste. She finally decided to go in, and walked up to the big wooden front doors and rang the doorbell.

"You look...wow. And I thought you were beautiful in your work uniform and a dirty apron" Shane said as he grabbed her hand and kissed it.

Anna blushed and smiled, "Thanks. What are your plans for this evening?"

"Well. There's this restaurant that I would love to take you to. You're not a vegan are you?"

Anna laughed, "Nope. I love bacon and steak too much".

"My kind of girl" Shane smirked. Just then he leaned in and kissed her.

She pulled back in shock. "I-I'm sorry. Are you ready?"

"Don't apologize. Shall we?" He asked as he held his arm out for her.

Anna nodded her head and they headed to the restaurant.

        *******************************