Chapter Sixteen

Shane drove Anna back to his place so she could get her car, but she was too emotional and exhausted to drive. She decided to call the only person she knew she could trust right now. Samson.

She apologized profusely to Shane as she sat on his couch waiting to be picked up. He didn't mind it, though. As an FBI agent he had seen a lot of bad shit. A crying girl was the tamest thing he'd had in front of him in a while.

After they were at his house for half an hour, there was a knock at the door. "I'll get it" Shane said as he downed his glass of whiskey he had poured himself and walked to the front door. Opening it, Samson shot him an apologetic smile. In return Shane shook his head and gestured for Samson to enter. They all said their goodbyes and Anna and Samson began the drive home.

"Anna" Samson said as he drove down the road towards Damien's.

"I don't want to talk about it" she said as she looked out the window with her chin in her hand.

"Well talk. Now"

"I haven't been little in weeks. He hasn't been my daddy in weeks. We barely talk anymore. He's all about Stella, all the time. I can't compete with her. She's his sister. We haven't even had SEX in weeks!" She said almost yelling. Tears threatened to escape her eyes.

"Sweetheart, you need to tell him how you feel. He's really worried about you. He might not show it but he is. I'm sorry he hasn't been a great daddy, I'm sorry you feel the way you do. But honey, you need to talk to him. Having sex with someone else won't make your relationship better"

"Don't. I didn't even have sex with him or do anything inappropriate. I promise. We went to dinner and then I told him about Damien and then I cried into him for half an hour. Please, just don't lecture me on it. I made a mistake. I know that. But I'm lonely. I'm so lonely. It's like I'm not even in a relationship anymore. I might as well just break up with him. He wouldn't even notice if I was gone."

"We're here. Look, just go in and tell him how you feel and talk to him. If you want, I'll go with you and support you because I've seen how he's been neglecting you. I see it. I'm on your side okay? You guys can fix this. Let's go. I'm right here with you" Samson said as he looked at her solemnly.

"Okay. Thanks Sammy"

They walked up the stairs and into the house to find Damien sitting on the couch watching tv and drinking scotch.

"Anna? Is that you?" He asked as he stood up and stumbled a bit, looking towards the door.

"Oh my god where have you been?" He asked as he ran up to her and hugged her.

Anna started sobbing, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry"

"Why? What happened?" Damien was wide eyed and glanced at Samson, who shot him an apologetic smile.

"Go on Anna" Samson said.

"I...I'm sorry...I just...Ive been so lonely...so when he flirted with me...I just...I'm sorry. I went to dinner but then I felt guilty so I told him about you and then he just listened to me cry and I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" Anna could barely get out.

"W-what?" Damien stood in shock.

"You don't love me anymore. You love Stella but you don't love me. We don't even talk anymore"

"Baby girl. Honey. I am so sorry. I'm so sorry I made you feel that way. I promise I didn't mean to. Look, I understand why you did it. I'm not mad at you okay? I'll talk to Stella and tell her she has to find her own place. I promise. I'm sorry I made you feel like I don't love you. I love you more than anything" Damien said through his tears.

"I can't make you pick between your sister and me. That's not fair to you. That's why I'm leaving" Anna sobbed as she stared at the floor.

"No you're not. She is. She always ruins everything she's around. She always has. I thought that since she was clean there was nothing she could ruin but she's ruining us. I'm not letting that happen. I promise baby girl, she will be out by tomorrow. I'll go talk to her right now Okay? Stay here" Damien said as he walked away to talk to Stella.

"See Anna. That wasn't so hard" Samson said as he walked over to the couch and sat down.

Anna put her arms around Samson and nuzzled up into his neck. Soon after she was fast asleep. She always got sleepy after crying.

Half an hour later Damien walked back into the living room.

"What took you so long? And why are you shitfaced" Samson whispered.

"Sorry I just- I don't know. And we were just talking. Is she asleep?"

"Yeah. She's worn out. You know how she gets when she cries. Damien, she needs to be little. She needs you to take care of her man. She's needs to be taken care of because you taught her about this and now she needs it. You abandoned her"

"I know. I'm trying to fix it. I really am. Stella is leaving tomorrow. I'm gonna propose to Anna then. I need to fix this"

"I don't know if that's a good idea but alright. I think you should start by making her play room back into her play room. Pack up Stella's baby shit for her so it will go quicker. Anna deserves all of you. Not part of you. Be her daddy and her boyfriend"

"I am. Thanks for your help. Did she go to bed upset?"

"I don't think so. She was nuzzling me and cooing, making sleepy noises"

"Okay. Will you help Stella move tomorrow so I can spend time with Anna?" Damien asked as he picked Anna up from Samson's lap.

"Sure thing. Just promise me you'll spend tomorrow with Anna. She deserves it"

"I am. I promise. I'll see you tomorrow yeah?"

"Yeah. Night. I'm sorry man. You'll get through this. She really does love you" Samson said as he walked out and shut the front door behind him.

Damien carried Anna upstairs and laid her in bed, taking her clothes off and putting one of his T-shirt's on her. He tucked her in and got one of her stuffies to put under her arm then climbed into bed beside her.

"Goodnight princess" Damien said as he kissed her on her forehead and put his arms around her.

He laid in bed thinking about what had happened. He began to softly cry as he thought about his baby girl with another man because he had abandoned her. He had neglected her in so many ways, and now he didn't know if she would ever be able to forgive him. He knew she felt bad about what happened but at least she didn't do anything with him. Damien was lost in his thoughts and soon enough, he too was asleep.