Chapter Eleven

The next morning Damien woke up to his phone ringing.

"Hello?"

"Hi Mr.Bailey, sorry to wake you," the office assistant said, "we're gonna need you to come in. There's been an emergency and they need you in right away for a meeting"

"Yeah okay. Alright. Be right there" Damien answered as he stood up and ended the call. He went to the bathroom and took a quick shower and brushed his teeth before he got dressed in one of his suits he hadn't worn in ages.

He went downstairs and made a cup of coffee then went upstairs to wake up Anna and let her know he had to leave.

"But daddy. You don't go to work anymore member? You work here" Anna said sleepily.

"I know baby but sometimes they need daddy to come in for important stuff that I can't do at home. Stella's here...even though I'm not too fond of that, she can be with you today. Now little girl, I have to go. I'll see you later okay? Be good" he said as he kissed her forehead.

"Okay daddy. Wuv you" he kissed her and walked out.

He headed to the guest bedroom and knocked on the door to let Stella know. He heard a grunt come from the room.

"Hey, I have to go to a meeting at work. I'm leaving Anna here so please watch her. And please Stell, don't do anything while you're at my house. Please. I'll be home in a few hours" he said as he walked away, grabbed his briefcase, and headed towards his office.

**********************

Anna woke up and looked at the clock. 9:35. It had been an hour since Damien had left. She yawned and stretched then got up to go downstairs and make breakfast.

She got out two pans and the ingredients to make pancakes and scrambled eggs. She turned the burners on and placed the pan with oil and the pan with butter to heat up while she mixed her pancake mix and got the eggs ready. She was getting ready to pour the pancakes when Stella walked into the kitchen, startling Anna and making her knock the pan off the burner. She screamed in pain and fell to the floor, clutching her foot.

"Oh my god ANNA! I'm so, so sorry! Omg are you okay?!" Stella yelled as she ran over to Anna who was now weeping on the kitchen floor.

Anna shook her head and just cried even harder. "Ca-call D-d-Damien"

"Okay. Um okay. Hold on I'll call him" Stella said as she ran upstairs and grabbed her phone.

"Hey Damien. So um-yes I know you're in a meeting. Mhmm. Okay well you see the thing is-yeah. Yeah. Okay. Alright. Bye"

"So...Damien said he can't talk because he's in a meeting. And he said some other things I can't say. So yeah. But I think I should take you to the hospital"

"No! No hospital! No needles! Call Lana" Anna yelled while she was laying on the floor crying.

"Okay! Fine but I don't know who Lana is."

Anna sniffled a little, "It's Samson's girlfriend. She's a nurse. Her number is in my phone in my room"

"Okay, I'll be right back. Stay here" Stella said as she ran upstairs to get Anna's phone. She looked around the room before finding it buried in the covers on her bed. She grabbed it and ran back down the stairs to where Anna was on the floor.

She unlocked it and found Lana's contact and hit call.

"Lana I burnt my foot can you please come over!" Anna said as she cried into the phone.

"I'll be right over. Don't touch it"  Lana said from the other end of the line.

"She said she's coming and don't touch it" Anna said through her sniffles.

"Okay. I'm really sorry I didn't mean to scare you. This is my fault" Stella said with a sad look.

"No no, I'm just a clumsy baby" Anna laughed.

A few minutes later Lana knocked on the door. "I'll get it" Stella said as she jumped up and ran to answer it.

Lana came in and immediately started taking things out of her nursing bag. "So how did this happen?"

"Well I was cooking and Stella scared me and I knocked the pan off the stove and it fell on my foot" she answered as Lana continued assessing the burns.

"Not too bad. It's gonna hurt for a little bit. You should keep it wrapped up with this burn cream on it for a week or so. When it blisters don't pop it, let it run its course, okay?" Lana said as she finished wrapping her foot in gauze.

"Okay. It hurts" Anna said as she pouted and rolled her ankle around.

"I can give you some Tylenol but I'm not giving you anything stronger than that. Tylenol should be okay" she said as she dug around looking for the medication. Once she found it, she went to the fridge and got out the juice and poured some in Anna's Sofia the First cup.

"Thank you" Anna said as Lana handed her the pills and the cup.

"Have you called Damien?" Lana asked as she zipped up the bag and sat it on the counter.

"Yeah. He's busy" Anna said as she played with the gauze on her foot. Lana pushed her hand away from it and shook her head.

"Why don't I call him, yeah?" Lana said, standing up to get her phone from her bag. She dialed Damien's office number and asked the  receptionist to get him. A few moments later he was on the phone.

"What happened?"

"Anna drop a hot pan on her foot and she has some blisters but she's gonna be fine. I just wanted to let you know. I took care of it but make sure she keeps it wrapped and put the ointment on it twice a day and rewrap it" 

"I'm leaving now. Can you stay until I get there please? I'll be home in ten"

"Yeah sure thing. See you in a bit" Lana said as she hung up the phone. "Damien wants me to stay until he gets home. He'll be here in like ten minutes"

"Yay!" Anna said excitedly.

"So who are you exactly?" Stella asked with a disapproving look on her face.

"I could ask you the same thing. I'm Samson's girlfriend. And you are?" Lana asked as she held her hand out.

"Oh. Samson has a girlfriend. I'm Damien's sister." Stella said as she stood up to make her way to the guest room.

"I didn't know Damien had a sister. He's never mentioned you before" Lana said, making Anna giggle. Stella rolled her eyes and walked into the bedroom, shutting the door behind her.

"Don't mind her. She's just bitchy" Anna laughed.

"Language, missy" Lana said as she helped Anna up and to the couch. She put on a show as they waited for Damien to get home.