Indeed, my mom was right.

"Are you thinking about your struggles?", my mom interrupted my thoughts.

"Yes, how'd you even know?", I asked.

I lowkey feel my mom's got telepathy skills.

"Because I'm your mother and no, I don't have telepathy skills", she said and we both laughed.

"Are you happy back there?", she asked me.

I thought about it for a minute.

"Yes, I am", I said with a smile on my face.

"That's good. I read your text about your new staff members. Congratulations, you can be lazy again", she joked and made me laugh, again.

I didn't really have too many friends, but my family were my friends who were there for me at all the stages when I've needed them, especially my mother.

"Yeah, I'm just going to laze around now", I said as a yawn escaped my lips.

"Of course, my lazy baby", she chuckled.

I rolled my eyes and chuckled too.

"Also, how are things between you and that boy? I forgot his name though", she asked suddenly.

"He's Niall. Yeah things are going pretty well", I said, although I wasn't too sure as I hadn't heard from Niall for the past two days.

"Oh, what a lovely name. I lost track about what happened after Halloween", she spoke.

"You didn't miss anything. Nothing eventful happened because he was busy with work", I said with boredom.

"Oh well, I hope he gets done with his work so that he can spend sometime with my baby girl", she cooed and I laughed again.

"And what about Mr. Jerk?", she asked as I widened my eyes.

My mom's a savage at times.

"Yeah, I saw him at Sam's Grills last weekend", I said as I told her about Mike.

"Oh, did he do anything stupid?", she asked.

"Surprisingly, no".

"Well, that's good. Punch his other eye too if he messes up with you", she said and we both laughed.

"Alright mom, I guess I gotta go", I said as I realised I was still in my cafe with many people entering in.

"Take care baby. We love you", she said and her words confronted me instantly.

"Bye mom. I love you all", I said before hanging up.

I jogged up to the counter to help Katie and Julie with the orders and got busy with work.

.

.

.

5:07 P.M, the wall clock in my cafe read.

I turned around and got back to my routine of preparing Niall's coffee.

"Um, Ma'am we don't have an order for that", Julie nervously spoke.

"Well, I'm supposed to make this for a friend of mine who collects it everyday after work", I smiled as I poured the milk in the pan.

"Oh alright", she said with a smile.

Once I was done, I placed the coffee on the counter as I randomly reached out for my phone.

I had received a new text message.