Chapter 16

Luna POV - 

When Charles started to swim the backstroke, I saw Brooke and Maya point at me. I got the message. 

You. Here. Now.

Sighing, I stood up muttering something like, "I gotta use the bathroom." I trudged to where Brooke and Maya (fuck her) stood, right inside the woman's bathroom. "What do you want?" I questioned. 

Brooke flipped her long black hair over her shoulder. "YOU." She pushed me and the back of my head hit the wall. I winced, cause it hurts, and Brooke regains her sentence, "Need to stay away from Charles. Cause he's MINE." 

I kept rubbing my head, and answered, "Ok. But we ARE partners for the Latin project, so we have to work together. And I am friends with his twin sister ." I really wasn't friends with Sophia, but they didn't know that. 

Then Maya spoke up. "And fagot... Do you really think he would like you?" 

 I felt my eyes start to pool. Even though I've been called a f*g for three years, but every time feels like the first. 

 "Wait... Ms. Star here is a FAGOT?! Charles doesn't like fags, he likes me." Brooke purred . 

I forgot that I only came out at Michaels Middle. Goode is made up of two or three middle schools, so Brooke must not have heard. 

 "Yeah..." I mumbled. 

But I shouldn't have. Brooke kicked me in the the shins with her pointy shoes multiple times. Then they left me alone in the bathroom, crying.

 "Bye Luna. I'll see you at practice." Maya waved at me over her shoulder.

Charles POV - 

After the meet, I quickly changed so I could go home. But when I got to my family Luna was still gone. No one had seen her sense she went to the bathroom during my backstroke heat. 

 "Soph can you check the bathroom for Luna. We have to work on the project." I gave her puppy dog eyes. 

She rolled her eyes, and flipped me off before walking to the bathroom. Then five minutes later she came out with Luna. 

Luna had bruises all of her shins, and she had obviously been crying. Her eyes were red, and there were water streaks down her cheeks. 

 "Are you ok?" I didn't care about Sophia wiggling her eyebrows next to Luna, I care about Luna. 

 "No." We shook her head. "I better go home. I told my mom I'd be back by now." She started to walk away, and stupid me just stood there.