Chapter 9

Luna POV - 

I woke up around midnight, with Charles' arm around my body. I smiled at his warmth, and the smell of the ocean. Looking at the window, I saw the stars, drawing me out, so I snuck out of his grip, and opened my window. I quietly climbed the fire escape,  reached the roof of the building. I started to stare at the stars. What will Charles think when I'm not there. Maybe I should text him. 

I took out my phone and texted Charles, Hey if you wake up, don't call the police, cause I'm on the roof. Thinking it was good enough I hit send. Only about fifteen minutes passed before I heard the rattle of the fire escape. 

Charles POV - 

I woke up when Luna opened the window. When she texted me, I immediately ran to the roof. When I got there I saw that Luna was shivering, so I back to her room, and I got a blanket for her. Once I got it, I ran back to her. I wrapped it around her while she was distracted. 

When she finally noticed that I was there to, she leaned closer to me. Wrapping the blanket around me to, she smiled and said, "Why did you come up here? "

Oh shit my face is burning. I can't say that I want to spend time with her. That would be weird. I have to come up a lie quickly. "I didn't want you to be alone."

 Then it was Luna's turn to blush. She didn't respond, but instead laid her head in my lap. I leaned back, and closes my eyes. I like this. I like this a lot. Just the two of us... Chilling. And judging by her smile, she liked it too. 

 "Hey... Do you want to go to my swim meet tomorrow?" I started to absent mindedly draw circles on her arm. 

 Luna smiled at my touch. "Sure. I'm excited." Her breathing started to slow. She slowly began to fall asleep, and before I did, I carried her back to her room. Carefully I laid her back down, and put her blanket back on her. She must have been still awake at some degree, because as I left, she grabbed my arm and pulled me back to her. 

 "Ok. Ok." I quietly climbed back into Luna's bed, and pulled her back to me. I breathed in her vanilla smell. How does she do that? I don't know, but I like it. I like her... A lot.