Chapter 15

Luna POV:

Mrs. Jackson and I kept talking, at least until Charles started to text me. 

 We're about to warm up. - C

Really?- L

Yeah... I'm nervous. - C

Why?- L

A lot of people are here.- C

True... Both Brooke and Maya are here. - L

GrEaT.- C. 

I laughed, knowing that Charles was being sarcastic.  I could tell, just from one word, that he hated the Bitches as much as I did. 

At  least you aren't sitting near them.- L

True. Coach is about to talk, so I'll text after.- C

Charles stopped texting me after that, but then he came out to warm up. He looked so comfortable near the water, like this is what he lived for. 

When he swam in his first heat,  which was a points heat, he dominated his composition. When he heard the BEEP he dived into the pool, and he swam the 200 freestyle as fast he could. After he won, he waited for the other swimmers to finish, and then he jumped out of the water. He ran over to where I sat with his family. 

 "You did GREAT!" I congratulated him. He really did great. 

He started blush and Sophia laughed. "Really?" He fumbled with his words. 

"Yeah!" I grinned , and nodded vigorously. I

 "Thanks Lu." He smiled in thanks. 

 "You're welcome." I smiled back. 

Then he turned around to see his coach waiting to talk to him, and his coach didn't look happy. "I gotta go. I'll text you later." 

Then he turned around and went back to the where the Goode team sits. His coach started to yell at him, and then Charles sat down. 

I almost started to text him, but as I started to to text him, I saw someone practically running to Charles' parents. 

His mom  and the other lady hugged and talked for a while, and so did Mr. Jackson and the Asian guy. Emmi from school, was talking to Sophia. I just stood awkwardly next to I think Sammy. That's when Charles started to text me. 

Lu can you tell Sammy to meet me by the stairs. -C

Got it. Are you going to apologize? -L

Yea. - C 

Good.- L 

I smiled, and  turned to Sammy. "Uh... Charles says he wants to talk to you. He says to meet him by the stairs. " 

Sammy, who has darker skin, black hair, and amber, gold like eyes, smiled in thanks. "Thanks." He started to walk away. 

Charles POV - 

Sammy stood on the stairs standing awkwardly, waiting for me. I walked quickly counting the money that I brought to repay him. 

I cleared my throat as I got closer, and Sammy turned to see me. "Hey." I held up my hand in greeting. 

 "Hey Charles. Why did you ask me to come? " The freshman turned to me. 

"Ok, I wanted to repay you. I shouldn't have beaten you up for $3. I'm sorry. And..." I handed him $6. "I decided to give you some money in apology. "

 "Thanks! It's fine, you didn't have to though."

 " I know, I just felt guilty. "

"You know someone could use your guilt against you." 

" Yeah, but I gotta go. I gotta swim the backstroke 100. " 

"Bye." Sammy turned to go. 

I started to walk to my lane, and readjusted my cap, and put my goggles on. When it came time for me to swim, I jumped into the water, and adjusted myself to get my favorite position. When I heard the BEEP I dived into the pool. 

As I swam I saw Luna  leave,so I swam faster to talk to her.  When I finished I jumped out of the pool, and ran to where she sat with my family.