Chapter 12

Charles POV - 

Luna's acting weird. I don't exactly love it. I know exactly why she had me go ahead of her; she doesn't want to get beaten up because she came with me. I walked into school, and immediately had 5 girls on me, Maya Provinina, Pearl Heline, Rosaline Woods, Amy Shuler, and the leader of the Bitches Brooke Tanaka. Brooke's liked me since 5th grade. I trudged to my locker and took out what I need for class. While doing so I ran into Sammy. 

I quickly wrote a note that said, "Go to the Swim meet. I need to apologize for what I did yesterday." 

 I put the paper in his locker, and went into homeroom. I was only alone for about five seconds before Brooke's posse came in. 

I rolled my eyes, and noticed that Lee came in. At least I can talk to someone. He smiled and sat next to me. "Hey. Excited for the meet?" 

I rolled my eyes.. "Why wouldn't I? I can't wait to destroy..." I paused for him to say the school we were facing.

He sighed and muttered, "Brooklyn West Side High School." 

I rolled my eyes. BWSHS has a good swim team. Good. As in they're trash. From what I've heard they haven't won a meet in 7 years give or take. Goode hasn't lost in 8 years.

Then.... Luna came in, and she sat in her chair so she could text without Mrs. Pelin seeing. Lee started to flirt with Brooke, which made me gag. When he was distracted, I took out my phone. 

Luna POV - 

Charles started to text me. 

Starshine.... Are you going to the Swim meet?? - C

Yeah.... But why are u calling me starshine?- L

It's a nickname. :P  - C 

Fine... Seaweed Brain. - L (I know Annabeth called Percy that. Charles is very similar (personality and  interest wise).)

Seaweed Brain. I like that. -C 

When he wrote that I tried not to blush. Then I turned off my phone cause school was about to start. 

The rest of the school day was uneventful. I managed to avoid Brooke and getting tripped, so I'd say it was good. Maybe things are starting to turn up for me.