• Daddy Dearest •

{ f o u r }

I screamed as soon as I woke up. It was still pitch black outside, and the rope still cut into my ankles.

Tony came running out of his bedroom almost instantly and put a finger on my lips keeping them closed.

"Your okay, shh, I'm here" he comforted, pulling me into a hug. The most words he's said to me since I've got here.

"I'm sorry" I whispered, making his face soften.

"You have nothing to he sorry for. You have to understand...your father, he ruined our lives. That band..it was everything to us" Tony explained. I nodded sadly.

"I was signed to fearless records too" I shyly admitted. His mouth dropped forming an O.

"You mean..." Tony started.

"I'm 19, fearless signed me when I was 15 because they believed I had an amazing voice. I rose to fame quickly, but I went by a different name because I didn't want to be treated any differently."

He motioned for me to go on.

"5 months ago my father bought fearless records. He knew I loved to sing, but he didn't know I was signed in a different name. When he bought it he found out about me, told me I wasn't good enough and fired me" I explained, seeming to trust Tony.

Why the hell is someone who kidnapped me so trustworthy?!

"We were a touring band for almost 10 years, we had millions of fans, thousands of concerts. Everything. The music was our everything.." Tony whispered, laying next to me on the couch.

We both stayed silent after that. He cradled me so my back was to his chest, and one of his arms draped over my waist whilst the over played with my hair.

Safe to say I fell asleep very quickly.

***

I woke up and saw that Mike, Vic, Jaime and Tony were all sitting on the other sofa. I stretched and sat up as far as I could.

"Can I hear a song?" I asked them all. Vic raised an eyebrow. "A pierce the veil song.." I whispered.

Vic nodded and handed me an iPad with the YouTube app open.

I quickly typed in pierce the veil, and looked at the first suggestions. A song called 'king for a day' was first, so I clicked on it.

"Kellin" I smiled.

"You know Kellin?" Mike raised an eyebrow.

"I know him very well. Katelynne and I used to be best friends.." I trailed off. Mike nodded along with the others.

The sound of the song filled the room, and I found myself smiling. Then when one of Kellin's parts came on I frowned.

My father made sure that Katelynne and I wouldn't remain friends when he found out about my singing career.

Everybody thinks I'm dead, well my other identity.

The song ended and I looked over at vic. "You have a very beautiful voice" I whispered. I could see the passion he has for singing. "Do you mind if I check my YouTube account?"

"Yes. We mind" Mike spat.

"One of you can watch me. I just need to see what people are saying.." I begged. Tony walked over to my sofa and nodded at mike.

I signed into my account with the name Lydia Starr. Not much different from my name, but it works to hide my identity.

"Your kidding!" Tony yelled, jumping up from the sofa.

"What?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"That's what you meant by another identity! You were Lydia Starr!" Tony yelled, the 3 boys mouths dropped open and I looked down at YouTube.

I scrolled through all of the RIP messages and started silently crying again. How could my own father do this to me? It was still a fresh wound, after 4 years of being famous, and having it suddenly taken away. I liked the fame because I liked to sing, it was my outlet.

Every few seconds a new message appeared and more tears came. I loved my other identity more than my real one.

"So your Lydia Starr? Singer who died.." Mike tried to piece it together. I sighed and looked up.

"My father hated that I loved singing, he said I wasn't good enough, so he killed off Lydia Starr, and now I'm stuck with my real name..."

"So basically. You father not only did this to us, but to his own daughter.." Mike mumbled.

"I'm sorry" I repeated. Maybe if I say it enough times, they may be able to forgive me.

Mike opened his mouth to reply but a phone blared. He dug a Nokia phone from his pocket and flipped it open.

"Hello" he greeted, smirking.

"Yes, we do have your daughter" mike said smugly. Oh how badly I want to smack that smug look from his face.

"I want everything you have. You ruined my life, it's your turn. Yes. I'll put her on" mike threw the phone towards me and I skilfully caught it and put it to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Hi sweetheart" my father said calmly. It's alright dad, no need to sound alarmed, I've not been kidnapped and nobody has even slapped me yet! You keep calm now! Fucking dick.

"I can't believe what you've done to these men. I'm actually quite ashamed."

"I've done nothing to them!"

"Pierce The Veil" I stated and heard him gasp.

"Darling, it's them?.." He asked in disbelief. Still calm as a cucumber though. Never got that saying, cucumber is a vegetable, so why the hell would it not be calm? It's not even a living thing, okay I'm going off topic.

"Yes, and they are very talented men who you screwed over. Look where it got me. I could die" I said.

"I'm going to die because of you" I whispered.

"Sweetheart the police are doing everything they can to find you" my father informed me. Literally making it sound like he was doing business, no emotion in his voice what-so-ever.

Won't you just give the men your money!" I begged him, earning a smirk from Mike.

"I can't do that sweetheart" my father said, sounding secure and formal.

"So your going to leave me here to die!" I shouted, mikes smirk dropped forming into an O.

"Swee-"

"Don't sweetheart me! Your choosing money over my life! You're a terrible father!" I yelled, letting tears slip. I threw the phone back at mike.

I really need to stop showing weakness.

"You have 3 days" were the words said into the phone before mike hung up.

So much for a loving family.