Chapter 40: The Engagement

*AN*

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO LIAM!!! OMF who can believe he is 21?! I can’t! Well if you have twitter on Instagram make sure you tweet/ post a pic of him saying happy birthday and tag him! Twitter: @Real_Liam_Payne Instagram: @fakeliampayne     Anyways, this is getting closer to 45 chapters, this is the 40th so only another 5. Don’t forget to comment for me to continue or make a sequel! I might do it anyways because I have a good idea for this story. Thank you so mcuh @olaywahle for the amazing cover. Tell me if you prefer this one or the other one. ON WITH THE STORY!!! –Nicol3!

Song Of The Chapter (I remembered again! I should get a medal!) – Don’t forget where you belong because it kinda relates to this chapter. I can’t remember if I’ve done this before if I have tell me and I will change it.

*Jades POV*

Last night we slept in the local hotel. Niall is going to propose to Abigail today. He really wants to make sure that they are engaged if anything happens. I really hope she will say yes, who am I kidding, obviously she will. I hear my door opening so I look over, Niall is standing there. He looks like he has been crying.

“Nialler? Nialler what’s wrong?” I ask, as he stands in the doorway. I signal for him to walk in and he does, closing the door behind him. He comes and sits on my bed and I cuddle him. “Niall, tell me what’s wrong.” I instruct.

“What if Abigail says no? What if I don’t manage to ask her because she died over night?” He chokes out, crying. I cuddle him tighter and he bursts into tears. I grab my phone from the bedside table without Niall noticing. ‘Come to my room, H13. Niall is in here. He is crying and really needs you.’ I click send and put the phone down. I texted Liam, he always makes Niall happy. They love each other so much.

“Niall, she won’t. She loves you to bits. Abigail will say yes. And I know she hasn’t died over night. The hospital would have called if she did. Don’t worry, I will always be here for you to talk to if you need me to. And if Abigail ever needs help and you aren’t there but I am I promise you I will do everything I can for her,” I say, and Niall breathes out heavily.

“Thank you Jadey, I love you,” Niall says, and I hug him tighter. I was rubbing circles into his back so I wrote ‘Love you too Nialler’ into his back. I don’t know if he realised. “Did you just write ‘Love you too Nialler’ into my back?” So he did.

“Yeah,” I reply simply, Niall gets up and leans into my shoulder. As he does the door opens.

“I was summoned by Miss Jade Amelia Thirlwall.” Liam says, from the doorway.

“Hey Li-Li,” Nialler says, and Liam goes and sits next to him.

“So, what am I needed for?” Liam asks, and Niall hugs me.

“You texted Liam didn’t you?” Niall asks, and I nod. “Thank you,” He says, turning to Liam and hugging him. “I was worried that Abigail would say no. Or she would die overnight,” Niall says, without remembering he didn’t tell anyone but me.

“Say no to what?” Liam asks.

“Um, don’t worry.” Niall says, but Liam won’t take that.

“Niall, tell me.” Liam says. Niall agrees and tells Liam about proposing to Abigail and only me knowing. “So, you are going to propose to Abigail, without a ring?” Liam asks, I stifle a laugh.

“No, when we went to ‘talk’ yesterday we went to the jewellers. Niall bought a beautiful silver ring encrusted with diamonds.” I say, and Liam looks shocked.

“Well they are long words!” He laughs slightly, “And wow, it sounds amazing, imp sure she will love it.”

“Yeah, we measured it against Jades fingers because she and Abigail are about the same size.” Niall says, wrong again.