Chapter 19 - Time to Feast

Erin headed back toward her room fuming with anger at Rory. Having not seen Liam, she decided to check on him first. Knocking on his door, she was met with silence. She tried again but still silence. Erin then realized it could be dinnertime so she walked toward the dining hall. It was troublesome finding that room empty as well.

As she listlessly strolled back toward her room, brows furrowed and deeply confused, Erin almost missed Alice walking down the hall carrying a tray.

"Alice," Erin called, walking a little faster to catch up to her.

"Hello, Miss, erm, Erin," Alice bowed her head. "I was just bringing you dinner since you were absent for the meal. Miss Ashlynn ate and is now with Princess Ryan in her room."

"Awesome, thank you Alice," Erin sighed in relief to know and hear others were watching out for her daughter. "I'm actually looking for Liam. Have you seen him?"

"I'm afraid not, Miss," Alice replied sadly.

Erin sighed heavily "Alright, thank you. I'll take the tray and eat in my room."

****

Noon the next morning, Erin nervously knocked on Liam's door but again was met with no response. Were the meetings going into a second day? Rory had mentioned the feast was tonight so the committee must have come to an agreement. So where was Liam? Erin stood in front of his door staring, baffled about where he could be and nervous to go looking for him. Alice came down the hall with a tray, smiling warmly at Erin.

"Good morning, Miss," she called.

"Good morning, Alice," Erin sighed but managed a friendly smile.

"Busy day! I have your breakfast then I will help you get ready for the feast tonight." Alice continued toward Erin's room.

"Alright, I'm coming Alice," Erin followed dutifully but not before giving one last longing look at Liam's door.

****

The warm bath was relaxing and Erin felt rejuvenated afterward. For a little while, all her stresses melted away. Having someone brush her hair was a treat, too. That was secretly one of Erin's favorite things: having someone brush or play with her hair. Alice was extra attentive at the task, massaging her scalp while she was at it. This helped Erin's hair dry faster and form slight waves.

Erin requested her hair be left down. Her thick, luscious hair was her best and favorite feature of herself. She was always complimented on it. Every guy she dated, even her ex-husband had been fascinated with her hair. Liam hadn't discovered it yet but Erin found herself secretly hoping he would and soon.

Alice formed delicate braids from Erin's temples, twisting them as she guided the braids to meet in the middle where they were twisted again in such a way that they stayed put. Alice had a real talent for hair styling.

Next came the dress. This had been a special project. Erin was excited to find out she would have an occasion to wear it. Set in a deep purple, Erin's favorite color, first the underdress slipped on over her head. The straps, Erin would call it a spaghetti strap, connected to a fitted bodice that hugged her chest nicely and flared out from her hips, falling to the floor.

The rest of the dress, in a lighter purple shade, was almost like a long coat with bell sleeves and they tied across her stomach just under her bust. The long tie would fall down the front. Perhaps Erin's favorite part was the thick outline of silver embroidery along the hem of the outer portion. There was also a band of it around the middle upper arm part of the sleeves.