Chapter 38

"You ok Scar? You look upset."

"Ya. Just... I don't know. I guess I thought I'd have heard from Michael by now. That's all. But we better get to the airport. We don't want to miss our flight."

Scarlett said as she grabbed her bags and headed for the door.

"Would it really be so bad if we accidentally missed the plane?"

Scarlett looked at Crystal and shook her head with a smile.

"Ok, ok I get it. Let's go." They both smiled, and walked to the door. Scarlett turned around to take one last look around the room that they had spent the last almost month in. She closed her eyes, to hold each and every memory tight. Then, with a deep breath, she walked out. Closing the door behind her.

"Crystal! Scarlett! Open up!" Michael screamed as he banged on their hotel room door, but no one came, however the door was still cracked open a bit. So he pushed it open, and ran to Scarlett's room, only to find her drawers empty.

"Oh no! I'm too late!"

He pulled out his phone and tried to call Scarlett and Crystal but there was no answer. So he tried Liam.

"Hello?"

"Liam! What flight are the girls on?"

"Mike, you ok? What's going on. You sound out of breath. Are you running?"

"Flight! Number! Now!"

"Jeez! Alright, alright! Hold on a sec, I have it written down somewhere."

Michael was running. And running out of breath.

"Here it is. Flight 772, to LA. Leaves in... about forty five minutes. What's up?"

"Thanks!"

And Michael hung up the phone as he ran out the door, to find the nearest cab driver.

Scarlett looked out the window of the cab they left in. She had really hoped she would see Michael. She actually thought he would have caught her. She imagined him chasing after her, from the hotel, to tell her he loves her and he chooses her over the music. She shook her head out of the fantasy. Things like that don't happen in real life.

"Scar. What's up? You've been all... mushy, since we left the hotel."

"I just thought Michael would have atleast said goodbye. I guess that shows me his true intentions."

She pulled up her bag, and pulled out her phone.

"I think I left my phone on vibrate. I hope my mom didn't call."

She looked at her phone to see that Michael had called her a bunch of times.

"Oh my God! Crys! He tried calling! I have to call him!"

She yelled and clapped excitedly.

"Ok ok. We all get it."

Crystal said, as she looked at the cab driver and gave him a scary looking smile that said everything is ok.

But when she called Michael, he didn't answer.

"Come on, come on, COME ON! Michael pick up!"