Chapter 5

Michael's Memories

She loved Crystal's dad's cabin. It was so quiet. The drive up there was beautiful, with trees and lakes all around her. The drive was about 3 hours or so. The further she got from home, the better she felt. She could feel a weight lift off of her shoulders and slowly drift away. Like nothing mattered anymore, and it was exactly what she needed. "Thank you for this Crystal. I already feel so much better." "No problem babe. Anything for my best friend." When they got there, She went straight to her room to unpack. All the rooms had Queen size beds and their own bathroom. Hers had a garden tub. Her favorite.  She had packed more jammies than anything cause she just wanted to relax, so she took a nice bubble bath and put on her Jammies for the night. Crystal pulled out all the card games and board games and they played different things for hours. Then watched a little 'Once Upon a Time'  and gossiped  about their favorite characters. They liked to talk about their favorite stories on there. "Hey, so there is this new book on 'Wattpad' called 'Caught in Neverland' about Baelfire and Emma, and they have different backgrounds and storylines. It's so good I can't stop reading it! It is so good! Have you read it yet?" Scarlett asked Crystal. "No, I don't read anything unless I have to. I'll just wait for the movie haha." She said in return. They watched quite a few episodes before heading to bed shortly before the sun came up. She looked down at her phone, and saw no messages yet. That was a good thing. Right? She didn't want him texting her or calling her. Right? Then why does she seem so eager to keep checking her phone, if she was trying to not think about anything home related. "Whatever" She said to herself, under her breath. As she laid down in her bed and tried to fall asleep.

Michael sat back, closed his eyes, and thought back to a simpler time. It wasn't a happy memory... not at first, but out of his own stupidity, came good.

"Michael, Scarlett and I are going to the water park with some friends tomorrow. Do you want to go?"  Jackie asked him. "Scarlett's boyfriend Ryan's  mom is taking us, and I really want you to go." Michael sat up when he heard her name. Scarlett. "Boyfriend? She has a boyfriend? Already?" He asked "Ya, you know that. But I want you to come with me. Since you're my boyfriend now." She went over and sat on his lap and hugged him. Why did he break up with her. He felt so stupid. Oh well, my loss. "Ya. Sure. I'll go." He decided. Young women in bikinis walking all over? Ya. He was so there.

The trip there wasn't too bad. His parents played whatever music he wanted them to. She looked so beautiful. Her hair was so long. When did it get so long? It was so silky.
The Waterpark was so busy. He hated it, but it got him out of the house, and now he was surrounded by a bunch of girls. Heaven to any guy, right? Right.

Somehow, they were all able to stay friends. He couldn't think straight when she was around, so it was better if she just wasnt. But there she was. Flirting. With the guy sitting on the other side of him. But did he expect her not to? He broke up with her. Not the other way around, so why would she not have a boyfriend. It wasn't as if they were married. She could do as she pleased. But why did she have to look so good and make this so hard?

When they got to the waterpark, they all got out. Ryan thanked his mom for bringing them. She said she would be back by 6pm, and to be out front. Scarlett and Jackie ran ahead of the guys, taking off their bathing suit covers. She could hear Michael behind her start choking. "Michael! Are you ok?" Scarlett started to go over to him, but he was hunched over and Jackie made it to him first. "Do you need the heimlich?" Jackie had asked him. He was still bent over, but was looking up toward Scarlett. When she saw him looking, she turned around and left. "I'll meet you all at the wave pool! Come on Ryan. Let's leave the 2 love birds alone." Jackie giggled. But Michael didn't like that comment too much. Scarlett just didn't even want to be there, or anywhere near him. She was so pissed at her friend, but what was she supposed to say? She was a push over. Jackie had asked if she could date Michael, so Scarlett acted like she was over it. She started dating Ryan and didn't want him to think anything of it. But that didn't bode well for Jackie's friendship with Scarlett. If she knew her at all, she wouldn't have even asked.